Knocking noise from the front

CharlieGSXR

With the Zed on a ramp you'll be able to identify if the drop links have failed, a visual inspection will show if it's the bush in the compression arm but make sure you also check the ball joint on the arm too... :)

I had the front end jacked up in the air as i removed my coilovers and replaced with oem shocks and springs. I had a quick check by trying to move the droplinks with my hand but it seemed solid. Ill check the bushing again tommorow on the arm but however the ball joint is abit harder to check to see if it has failed from what ive read in previous posts. Is that correct? Or is it a case of removing the arm and and having it checked over properly by someone who knows what there doing lol

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally cured my front end nocking.

I must be the most unlucky person in the world as it turned out to be both my banana arm bush and drop links.

Superpro banana arm bush from CS, (this is an awesome 'mod' btw as the increased caster feels really different) and whiteline drop links from tarmac also well worth while if you want to change your ARB later on. All fitted on my drive way.

• Like 1

I have finally cured my front end nocking.

I must be the most unlucky person in the world as it turned out to be both my banana arm bush and drop links.

Superpro banana arm bush from CS, (this is an awesome 'mod' btw as the increased caster feels really different) and whiteline drop links from tarmac also well worth while if you want to change your ARB later on. All fitted on my drive way.

How much did the bushes set you back mate?

Do you need any special tools to fit them and are they easy enough to DIY?

Sent from Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I also have a front end offside knocking noise on uneven roads or cobbles which there is a lot of in Edinburgh I had an advisory on my MOT about anti roll bar linkages so I replaced them all the knock was still there. So next I had the two struts done and got it back knocking was still there. So yesterday I had new Sachs Gas shock Absorbers fitted picked it up Guess What Knocking noise still there What do I do next its getting expensive to solve ????

Just went out for a quick drive down a bumpy industrial estate and the noise seems to have gone! just in time as heading to the nurburgring and the stelvio pass on wednesday!!

I brought my bits from CS and my garage fitted them

I changed the compression arm aka banana arm

Just went out for a quick drive down a bumpy industrial estate and the noise seems to have gone! just in time as heading to the nurburgring and the stelvio pass on wednesday!!

Good stuff, I bet it's a relief driving with no knocking now!

Sent from Tapatalk

Sent from Tapatalk

Sent from Tapatalk

come 6pm i'll take it home and then i can finally drive normally :yahoo:

It's so embarrassing as it got incredibly loud