Nissan quote?

evest

Quick one:

Nissan quote £235 to replace all four brake discs and brake fluid (I'm supplying discs and fluid)

Just aint got the time to it myself atm.

Is this a fair price?

Ta!

Not a big job - get a local garage to do it. Will be less than half the price of Nissan and prob a better job.

Better still - get a Z owners thats good with tools near you to do it. Bung him 80 quid and have a natter at same time.

Just changed mine (again!), if the caliper bracket bolts aren't seized it's a straightforward DIY with a trolleyjack and a few tools. The 1st time I did mine however they were solid, had to resort to a blowtorch eventually.

As for pads, just fitted my 2nd lot of yellowstuff, great from cold, zero fade, even when you set them on fire at Nurburgring... (see updated profile pic for before and after!)

Edited by wideboy

Personally I would go with Yellowstuff over Redstuff too.

Be interesting to see how you get on with the EBC discs as well, don't know anyone who's run that particular style yet. I'm guessing they were quite cheap?

Be interesting to see how you get on with the EBC discs as well, don't know anyone who's run that particular style yet. I'm guessing they were quite cheap?

I'm running EBC disks and yellow stuff pads for a year or so now. Middle of the road price, not the cheapest and not to expensive.

Edited by Humpy

Just under £500 delivered. Always used redstuff so far but based on the advice, I reckon I'll give the yellowstuff a try.

Edited by evest