Debt Collection Agencies...

So, i'm gathering that if he settles, his account would show as such for the next 12 months of so and then it will fall off his credit file regardless... Crickey, i'm glad i have some sense when it comes to finance. If i was in his boat, i think i'd rather sh*t in my hands and clap - everyday, than have to deal with collections agencies chasing me every 5 minutes...

It falls off after six years, paid or not. :)

• Like 1

So, i'm gathering that if he settles, his account would show as such for the next 12 months of so and then it will fall off his credit file regardless... Crickey, i'm glad i have some sense when it comes to finance. If i was in his boat, i think i'd rather sh*t in my hands and clap - everyday, than have to deal with collections agencies chasing me every 5 minutes...

It falls off after six years, paid or not. :)

No worries!

Thanks for all the input tonight guys. I was going to bed early tonight. So i'm going now! Thanks again :)

Some good info here that I'm sure others will find useful. :clap:

I know I have to be very careful as my job relies on my credit history too working for a financial institution even though I'm just a geek in the dungeon.

• Like 1

Some good info here that I'm sure others will find useful. :clap:

I know I have to be very careful as my job relies on my credit history too working for a financial institution even though I'm just a geek in the dungeon.

I was just thinking that! It's not often discussed publicly and google doesn't always answer specific questions with much clarity, so it's useful to have it here for others on the forum to search and see!

Ccj's deff fall off after six years, defaults deff fall off six years after date of default both regardless of if settled or not. The one to watch out for is where they don't register it as a default,family member had one a while back now, bank just kept showing up late payment until it was settled, then stayed on file for another six years!!

Yep that's what they tried to do to me davedutch, I was clueless so a thread like this does help those looking for credit etc going forward. I have no credit cards or loans but have a mortgage with flawless repayment history and over 70% equity but can't get a loan! Ccjs are the worst and should avoid letting it get that far at all costs.

The bank felt really sorry for me... Still didn't give me any money lol they said try again in a year or so as rest of history is spot on and said you will have a couple of good years history after ccj so it won't seem as recent so maybe won't have to wait full 6 years?