Plasti dip! Quality stuff

JoKeR

After seeing some Zed's at Japfest with this, I thought I would give it a go. Rather than wrap it I thought I would use some plasti dip.

u3yme8ar.jpg

u5y3adu8.jpg

Don't mind the dead bugs it needs a wash....

udu5e4us.jpg

enera7ar.jpg

It left a perfect straight edge and looks quality in my opinion!

That's what she 'Zed' :-/

• Like 1

As long as it's done properly it can last for ages. I get my car hand washed every other week and just to test it when I plasti dipped my badges, I didn't tell them to be careful and they come away unharmed even with all the scrubbing.

• Like 1

Lovely job. I want to Plastidip my sons Golf wheels, anybody know how hard wearing it is

and will it be OK on wheels. :thumbs:

My lads have done badges and wheels on their motors, lasts surprisingly well especially if hand wash only and quite easy to apply and remove.
  • Like 1

Nice, I tried wrapping mine and it was too difficult so I gave up! I'm going to give this a go now, did you need more than one can?

Hellllll no lol I used what was left in my last can which I thought was ready to be thrown before I started. I done 3 light coats with 15 mins in between each. Then about 30 mins at the end to dry completely ish before I scored all the edges with a Stanley and peeled away the excess.

And the biggest and BEST tip I can give is.... If you end up pulling away at the rubber you want to keep (peeling away the edges then accidentally the rest of it) like me. Then use vinegar, just dab it on and it will push it back down leaving a clean finish.

Sorry if the tip didn't make any sense I didn't know how to explain it lol

Haha exactly mate I done my handles too! I was wondering whether to play around with some bright colours but that could get very dangerous and messy haha

I used 4.5 cans to do wheels it's better to lay on more then it will be easier to peel later especially if you plan on leaving it on a while, I used loads of old business cards and stuck them between wheel and tyre and covered remaining tyre with sheet and sprayed away, the wheel has to be spotless and free of grime and dust to get good finish that's all prep that's needed and spray direct on wheel