Another Headlight Question ..

jamess115

Anyone on here know how easy/difficult it is to split the headlights on a Zed? I have purchased an LED flexible strip and want to hook up DRL's inside the existing headlight unit. However, the feedback I have had is that it may be hard to open up the headlight without A) damaging the lens or B) ensuring an adequate seal when they are put back together. Either way, I cant get a quote from garages until they know whether or how difficult it is to split the headlight unit? Anyone on here dunnit? Would you advise it? Ta

Edited by jamess115

Splitting any headlight from any car is pretty easy, just a few screws on the back and use a heat gun to soften the seals before pulling apart. It's getting it perfectly sealed again that's the hard part. You won't know if it's done right until it's already in situ on the car and it'll either fig up inside or it won't.

• Like 1

Thanks. I am still in two minds. I want the work done but not at the expense of a new pair of lights. RT-Perf want £300 for the work with me supplying my own lights but at least I know it will be done properly even tho I think the price is rather OTT.

Can you buy a headlight lense on it's own anyone , because if you can I need to take mine off and swap for a new 1 .... Then I'll tell you if it's easy or not lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For £300 is there some kind of guarantee or warranty? If not you might as well give it a go yourself.

The problem with supplying your own parts is that you tend not to get a guarantee as the garage will argue that the problem may lie with the part you supplied. I had this recently with a speed delimeter/converter and the twats local to me now don't want to know. Perhaps I will fit this myself but need to ensure that it is sealed tight as mentioned earlier on here.

You can't buy lenses on their own, but you can buy cheap Depo lights from the states and the lenses will fit perfectly (scrap the rest of the lamp)

However, the lenses will be fine after splitting, they aren't the problem, the seal is.

• Like 1