Phone contract w***ers

Zhorno

Basically want some advice

I upgraded my phone contract from orange to ee in January , as far as I new I payed all my bills By direct debit and the last bill was apparently not payed .. Why I don't know because it's a direct debit.

So that was January and

Now iv got a letter agency saying I ow them £24.57 but orange have not told

Me I owe them the money or

Contacted me anyway .

So I rang orange they said they can't do anything because it's been passed on to the debt agency , so I ring them and they said are going to take it up with orange , but orange have put a marker on my credit score now.... So that's really pi**ed me off because I'm going to want to get a mortgage this year !

Such a pain in the ass , tryed to get a credit marker removed is s**t because everyone just seems to say that's not are department .

Who would I speak to about this ??

Credit ombesment Someone said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the DD was genuinely not paid, then you start with your bank. They must put you in a position before the mistake, that's part of the DD guarantee.

You need to contact the debt agency and tell them the debt is in dispute. They can do nothing more after that.

Then speak to Orange and tell them about the bank refunding your DD, and pay the debt in full. Not with the extra debt collector charges, just the actual bill.

Assuming the DD did fail, of course.

I too am with EE, and I have had a DD returned unpaid in the past, as it was due to be collected the day before my wages went in. I got a letter from EE saying they would apply the DD again in 10 days time. They reapplied and it was paid.

Seems a bit extreme in your case

They are bastards! I had similar problem with Vodafone! Finished my contract...notified them 2 months in advance that I won't be re-newing contract...paid my last bill (it even went out as "last payment" on my bank statement)...few months later I had letter asking for another £90!!! Which I ignored...few letters later and them threatening with debt collectors - I just paid it within 2 weeks they gave me. Then few months later went to take a loan out (had one before, no problem) and bank refused it... Contacted credit history company, got detailed report- and mark was put on by Vodafone for not missing some monthly payments... I had DD set up, and payments were always on time which can be proved by bank statements...so credit history company contacted Vodafone on my behalf to see if they can cancel "black mark" due to their error...but they said "all information they provided is currect".... Was so annoyed, it's unreal!!

They never tryed to take the direct debit at all, which is the wierd thing .... And I have just spoke to the debt people and put in a dispute ..I'll see how it goes 🙈

• Like 1

They are bastards! I had similar problem with Vodafone! Finished my contract...notified them 2 months in advance that I won't be re-newing contract...paid my last bill (it even went out as "last payment" on my bank statement)...few months later I had letter asking for another £90!!! Which I ignored...few letters later and them threatening with debt collectors - I just paid it within 2 weeks they gave me. Then few months later went to take a loan out (had one before, no problem) and bank refused it... Contacted credit history company, got detailed report- and mark was put on by Vodafone for not missing some monthly payments... I had DD set up, and payments were always on time which can be proved by bank statements...so credit history company contacted Vodafone on my behalf to see if they can cancel "black mark" due to their error...but they said "all information they provided is currect".... Was so annoyed, it's unreal!!

I'm gunna be sooooooo pi**ed off of they say the same to me

Funnily enough I had the same problem with T-Mobile over £3 unpaid (yes really, £3). Was in Australia at the time and when I got back it had been passed onto debt collectors. Paid as soon as I found out & got a mortgage the same year without problems so I wouldn't worry too much

For the sake of £25, I'd just pay it and argue later.

Normally I wouldn't advise that, but if you're worried about your credit score for a mortgage, then £25 is small fry. Bigger picture and all that.

I know what your saying but if they have put a marker on there and I pay it .... Soon as iv payed it trying to get that removed is going to be hard. If I tell them soon as it's removed I'll pay it , I bet they do somthing about it

Yet if your trying to rebuild your credit score paying regular dd on a phone contracts it doesnt make any difference in the positive, nor does paying insurance via monthly payments via a credit agency!

But miss a payment, that sure as hell impacts!

You can put a Notice of Correction on your credit file. Often I think they're more trouble than their worth but it's basically a thing where you can say 'regarding the missed payment of xx/xx/xx I dispute this payment because of ............ And have now paid the debt in full'.

Then at least any people credit searching you will be able to see it.

I know what your saying but if they have put a marker on there and I pay it .... Soon as iv payed it trying to get that removed is going to be hard. If I tell them soon as it's removed I'll pay it , I bet they do somthing about it

And in the meantime, whilst you go to the back of the queue as £25 is peanuts, you've got a nice missed payment marker sitting on there because you haven't paid your bill.

Pay your bill, and then you're in a much stronger position to get it removed.

My credit score is ruined because of these useless companys!

I rang to cancel my contract with three 2 months before the year was up, they told me it was going to finish at the end of the two year contract anyway.

I sold the phone and destroyed the sim, I also moved house at a similar time. They renewed the contract and 6 months later contacted me at my new address to say I owed them over 150 quid for 6 unpaid monthly bills, even tho the phone was never used in that time.

I absolutely point blank refuse to pay this money as I don't owe them it. I still have debt collectors chasing me for it now, absolute disgrace!

Nope, nope and nope.

I'm screwed bassicly, however they should record all calls and if they could trace it they will find it.

Problem is it is impossible to comunicate with anyone at their call centers, it's like speaking to someone from the comedy "phone jacker", after 5 minutes of explaining my situation I get the same reply "but Mr crozings if you just pay zee monies everything will be ok". I've since sent a letter, wrote an e-mail and went into the three shop and heard nothing from anyone.

It's infruriating actually and a complete joke that these companys even get away with service/behaviour like this but thats for a whole other thread.

• Like 1

Oh yea, I can imagine.

The companys have been looked at by watchdog and there was a big thing on the TV about it a few year ago but nothing has changed.

For some reason it seems network providers get away with so much more than other big companys.