350z Tapping Noise

TomNbk

Just got my new 350z, fantastic car but it is a ticking noise that gets louder with revs, the car is fine and pulls hard with no smoke etc..

When I got the car the oil was a tad low so topped that up but not drastically low and I do know these can consume oil.

Has anyone had anything similar and could help?! :(

Its similar to how i remember mine being. Yours is louder though. Its a bronze coloured thing at the back of the engine. Put the head of a screw driver on it and put your ear on the other end. That should help pinpoint it. Also the pipe should pulse slightly as well

Gutted about this and spoiling my z ownership

Don't stress over it. I know it's annoying but trust me some people have had a lot worse to deal with going wrong than this with their Zeds.

I owned a JDM Impreza WRX about 5-6years ago and the engine blew up just one month into my new ownership. Now that's a fu**er. Cost me £4.5K+ to have the engine rebuilt.

It's all in the joy of buying a second hand car. ;)

Gutted about this and spoiling my z ownership

Get it to garage to diagnose it, it could be nothing or simple, very difficult to determine over the net

Post you're location, someone may be able to recommend an indi

Or try to video the fault

If you wouldn't mind, could someone explain what the fuel damper does for it living.

I've looked at the manual which shows it in the fuel line before the injectors but can't find any other reference to it. Is it there to smooth out the pulses of fuel to the injectors because of the nature of the fuel pump operation?

I have a receipt from Nissan from 10k ago / one year ago, stating an oil change and the mechanic put on the notes "no oil on dipstick" this leads me to believe it was ran a bit low on oil but that was 10k and a year ago and the car obviously didn't die because of it

• 2 months later...