Replacing Fuel Pressure Damper/Regulator

Paddy78

Thanks to Chris/Keyser, who diagnosed my tapping engine at the Wales meet, I need to replace the rear (behind the plenum) fuel pressure regulator.

Are there any guides on how to do this or can someone give me some simple instructions. Is this even something I should be attempting since fuel will be escaping at some stage? :thumbs:

Just cut a 500ml bottle in half and use that to catch any fuel that leaks when you take the old one off. Think its two bolts with an allen key head so easy to remove. Just make sure you have a new o-ring attached to the new part when fitting. Also best to remove the battery and wait over night for the pressure to go down in the fuel system.

Have you got the replacement part? There should be a groove at the end which goes inside the fuel rail, this is where the o-ring sits. Not sure what size but if you are getting it from nissan it shouldnt be too expensive or hard to describe.

This is the part you are replacing (ignore the AAM item) IMG_20130223_134256_zps87ba47b8.jpg