Help cruise control has stopped working?

Fluke

On my way home, I pressed my cruise control start switch, the light comes on but pressing the speed set switch it does nothing. The the light does not even illuminate?

Can anyone offer suggestions to what it might be?

Probably not the same thing but when my cruise control stop working it was intermittent and was due to my clutch going. I could set a speed but if I tried to up the speed with the switch or use the switch to return to the previous speed after slowing down it would cut out.

It could be related to the issue I am currently trying to resolve.........strangely my issue is a fault with a flashing ABS light!!!

This may seem strange but my fault it appears is due to a more level of communication from the electrics into the drivers airbag through a part called the 'Clock Spring'. The clock spring is the part that all of the airbag, stereo and cruise control wiring is located (basically anything that is controlled from the steering wheel controls or the stalks.

My clock spring it seems is not passing a strong enough current (not technically minded so I might not be explaining this too well) and therefore the ABS system sees an intermittent fault and flags it as serious......I suppose the possibility of the airbags possibly going off at the correct time is serious but it will be costing me a hefty sum! :scare:

Hi OP,

Just had exactly this on the shed, a Volvo S60 T5.

Did a fair bit of research & 8 times out of 10 it seems to come to clutch or brake pedal sensors which wear out. Safety feature so if they fail cruise won't work. Occasionally it's down to vacum pump.

Under £50 for both genuine Volvo parts & easy to fit.

• 9 years later...

I need some help badly, so my cruise control doesn’t work at all no light nothing we have tested power to the buttons they work , the clock spring is bypassed ,we have checked the fuses all work ,and the clutch button and brake button both push all the way in I really need help