58 members have voted

1. 1. What is the thing you HATE the most on your 350Z

• Exterior Styling
    • Interior Styling
    • Engine Sound
    • Exhaust Sound (OEM)
    • Ride and Handling
    • Ride Comfort ( for a sports car...)
    • Quality of Materials (interior exterior)
    • The Z Heritage and history
    • Nissan Reputation for dullness
    • The 350z lack of options for tuning and performance increases
    • The Attention it draws from passers by and other drivers.
    • Value for Money
    • Cost of running ( for a porsche challenger!)
    • The lack of attention to details ( e.g. long whippy aerials)

I hate the position of the clocks on the dash. For me the speedo is in the wrong place and should be either in the middle or on the left. I always end up using the speedo on the trip computer instead but if I could see the other one properly I would have the computer on something else.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the position of the clocks on the dash. For me the speedo is in the wrong place and should be either in the middle or on the left. I always end up using the speedo on the trip computer instead but if I could see the other one properly I would have the computer on something else.

The rev counter should always be in the middle on a sports car. ;)

Rain! - I do like to have the window open, (if only to enjoy the noise I'm making :D and sod the :cold: ), but not the un-invited shower that comes along even when its hardly raining and the need to have the air con on if I want to stay dry and see where I'm going :dry:

Yeah, the Z is by no means unique with this issue and its an inherent prob with many cars and I wouldn't want roof gutters etc spoiling the loooooooooks. Balancing that small whinge against performance/value for money and sheer driving pleasure that my pocket can afford, I was really struggling to find something worth mentioning other than my earlier post that I wish I could find more time to be out driving and invoking the odd :wiggle: or two ;) ;) .

Got a new one - the fact that everytime I try to enjoy the sound of my gorgeous engine/exhaust combo its overlaid with the noise of vibrating plastic and metal from several different places round the cabin........ :dry:

Got a new one - the fact that everytime I try to enjoy the sound of my gorgeous engine/exhaust combo its overlaid with the noise of vibrating plastic and metal from several different places round the cabin........ :dry:

Dynamat the car!! B):teeth:

5. The twisted dipstick that refuses to go back in

4. Can't see indicators/speedo

3. Keep resting my arm on the heated seats and hazard buttons

2. It's waaaay too much fun to drive :D

... and in 1st place... rear visibility! I might as well just slam it in reverse, close my eyes, and hope for the best.

actually now you've mentioned visibility - its pretty bad for not being able to see over your shoulder properly when pulling off a slip road - the blind spot seems to be blocked by the door pillar.

No permanent clock display

Am I missing something here because mine defaults to the clock permanently on the righthand circular instrument on top of the dash.

It should return to whatever you left it on last. ;)

Yep, and rather than having clock on all time. I have the digital speedo on that clock, then just hold the button down to "jump" to clock. Then click once to jump back to where you had it set....... best of both worlds to me, as use the speedo more than the clock! :thumbs:

Snap Jcko. Tat's exactly what I do. Or I wear a watch..... :p

Clock? What clock? On the digital gauge I don't see a clock on mine?

Am I missing something here because mine defaults to the clock permanently on the righthand circular instrument on top of the dash.

Yep, and rather than having clock on all time. I have the digital speedo on that clock, then just hold the button down to "jump" to clock. Then click once to jump back to where you had it set....... best of both worlds to me, as use the speedo more than the clock! :thumbs:

Press the button on the left hand side of the speedo cluster ;)

Its the r/h one of the three 'eyes' staring at you from the cente of the car - keep pressing the button with the two interlocking square symbols on the speedo cluster until the clock display turns up (amongst other options) and then use the button with the minus symbol to help adjust the time as its probably still showing the time in Toyko or wherever ;) !

I voted exterior styling.........now wait a minute.......I'll explain.

I love the look of the Z, sorry LOVE the look of it, from every angle you can't dispute that it's a lovely looking car. But that big gap on the rear arch when you have oem size wheels - all that space. Great if you want to fit bigger wheels but if you either (a) have no disire to or (B) can't afford it looks bad.

Its the r/h one of the three 'eyes' staring at you from the cente of the car - keep pressing the button with the two interlocking square symbols on the speedo cluster until the clock display turns up (amongst other options) and then use the button with the minus symbol to help adjust the time as its probably still showing the time in Toyko or wherever ;) !

I've already looked at that but i can't find a clock - there's like a stop watch thing that whizzes round though - like a lap timer.

I've not got a piccy to show you Nixy, but if you look at your main cluster (directly behaind your steering wheel)you will see on the left hand side two silver pushies, if you push the top one it will adjust your centre console right :thumbs: hand dial

5. The twisted dipstick that refuses to go back in

4. Can't see indicators/speedo

3. Keep resting my arm on the heated seats and hazard buttons

2. It's waaaay too much fun to drive :D

... and in 1st place... rear visibility! I might as well just slam it in reverse, close my eyes, and hope for the best.

Welcome, Jables! :thumbs:

Pop over to the intro's section if you get a second and introduce your self properly. We don't bite! (Apart from Nixy) :teeth:

As you cycle through the options the clock is the one after the rev setting and before the speed.

Guy

press and hold the top left button for more than two seconds and it will go directly to CLOCK, then press it again and goes back to whatever you had previously...

right, I am going outside to try it now - I am convinced there is no clock - this is not to do with mine being an import is it? When Tim's feeling up to it he will put me straight as usual! :blush:

Right, i've been and looked again and this is what I have when I scroll through them all (by the way, holding the button down does nothing)

1. Temp

2. KM DTE

3. KM per Litre and Av KM per hour

4. Mins and Secs elapsed and KM elapsed

5. H: M: S: (hours mins secs) and lap timer

6. RPM

7. KM/per hour

defo no clock with the actual time on it.

I have taken photos on my mobile if anyone wants to check.