New Member - Hampshire / Berkshire Border

Good morning all, been lurking here for a few weeks now, first sign up failed (wouldn't validate my account / email for whatever reason?!) so just re-signed up today...

Seems like a great forum with some good banter - I pick up my 1st ever Zed this afternoon :thumbs: from the much discussed Tradelink. I simply can't wait! Shame the weather wasn't as good as yesterday for the drive home.

Car is an 05 GT Spec in Gun Metal.

Will get some pictures up ASAP and I'm sure some follow ups the moment I swap the aerial for a stubby and start the slippery slope...

If anyone is around the Reading / Basingstoke area, let me know - some lovely roads and pubs to meet for lunches and meets!

Cheers

Alex

Hey Alex, I lived in ya telly, Camberley for 20 years and worked in reading for 4, my brother lives in Basingstoke, there certainly are some great roads!

Is this like the early version of gogglebox?!

Welcome from Woking, there's plenty of us around the general geography of Reading/Basingstoke :)

• Like 1

Welcome along bud, post some pics up of your new ride :) what plans have you got for the car?

Stubby is kind of a rite of passage / member requirement - so that's No.1 - ordered from Tarmac already. Front reflectors look to already be taken care of. Been keeping an eye on the Exhaust threads - especially the group buy running for the Cobra setup, although I need to find a sympathetic garage if I go for the HFCs too...

Other than that I like the OEM type look - maybe some spacers to fill the arches, been reading up how that will affect the geo (thoughts anyone?)

So yeah, start slow and work from there - need to clear my garage so I can get the car in there and then I can take my time doing the bits and pieces!

• Like 1

Other than that I like the OEM type look - maybe some spacers to fill the arches, been reading up how that will affect the geo (thoughts anyone?)

They'll make any geo issues worse, if there's no issues, they'll be fine :)

I'd imagine tradelink gave it an alignment before sale, so you should be good to just chuck them on :)

• Like 1

Good morning all, been lurking here for a few weeks now, first sign up failed (wouldn't validate my account / email for whatever reason?!) so just re-signed up today...

Seems like a great forum with some good banter - I pick up my 1st ever Zed this afternoon :thumbs: from the much discussed Tradelink. I simply can't wait! Shame the weather wasn't as good as yesterday for the drive home.

Will get some pictures up ASAP and I'm sure some follow ups the moment I swap the aerial for a stubby and start the slippery slope...

If anyone is around the Reading / Basingstoke area, let me know - some lovely roads and pubs to meet for lunches and meets!

Cheers

Alex

Welcome to the forum Alex. I live in reading (near madjeski stadium). I'd be up for a meet so just send us a pm if you wanna arrange something!

If you're into car shows you should try looking into getting a ticket for japfest on the 10th may, I'm not sure if they are still for sale or not but a bunch of us are meeting before hand for a convoy so it should be good fun!

Adam

Sent from Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cheers

Alex

Welcome to the forum Alex. I live in reading (near madjeski stadium). I'd be up for a meet so just send us a pm if you wanna arrange something!

If you're into car shows you should try looking into getting a ticket for japfest on the 10th may, I'm not sure if they are still for sale or not but a bunch of us are meeting before hand for a convoy so it should be good fun!

Adam

Sent from Tapatalk

Adam - thanks for the offer - family commitments on the 10th so alas cannot make it. Know where you mean well - used to work at Greenpark, still pop there occasionally. I'll be sure to give any 350z's a wave in case it's you :)

Cheers

Alex

Cheers

Alex

Adam

Sent from Tapatalk

Adam - thanks for the offer - family commitments on the 10th so alas cannot make it. Know where you mean well - used to work at Greenpark, still pop there occasionally. I'll be sure to give any 350z's a wave in case it's you :)

Cheers

Alex

:thumbs: maybe cya around!

Sent from Tapatalk

Welcome along bud, post some pics up of your new ride :) what plans have you got for the car?

Stubby is kind of a rite of passage / member requirement - so that's No.1 - ordered from Tarmac already. Front reflectors look to already be taken care of. Been keeping an eye on the Exhaust threads - especially the group buy running for the Cobra setup, although I need to find a sympathetic garage if I go for the HFCs too...

So yeah, start slow and work from there - need to clear my garage so I can get the car in there and then I can take my time doing the bits and pieces!

Haha good to hear you've got the stubby sorted! Spacers will make a big difference if you plan on keeping the standard wheels. Good luck with the going slow part, its hard being on here lol

Haha good to hear you've got the stubby sorted! Spacers will make a big difference if you plan on keeping the standard wheels. Good luck with the going slow part, its hard being on here lol

Yeah standard wheels for the time being - I think I have a good system in place to stick with the going slow... Money coming in vs what the wife will let me pay out... :lol:

• Like 1