BMW i8 - I want one!

brillomaster

bmw-i8-1-xl.jpg

Top Gear's review of the BMW i8 here:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/bmw-i8-first-drive-car-review-2014-04-26

Firstly, and most importantly, it looks ruddy fantastic. most definitely a sports car, low and sleek, but with a futuristic edge. and definitely doesn't look like your usual electric car, or even a hybrid.

Secondly, maximum 362bhp in a car weighing 1465kgs is plenty to be getting on with. 0-60 in 4.4 seconds is plenty fast enough for me.

Thirdly, can run on pure electric for 15 miles, and is therefore roadtax and congestion charge exempt.

so what if it doesn't have front cupholders, or that the rear seats are too small for actual adults - I honestly think i'd rather have this over an F Type right now, which just seems so antiquated in comparison!

Sorry but the i8 is probably one of the most expensive, pointless cars ever made.

15 miles of EV range, seats 2 people, looks like its been designed by a 5 year old been given too much caffeine, and a real world 24 mpg from an power train that only produced 360bhp....really what is the point of it?? Any equivalent petrol car will match/beat that BHP/mpg ratio for 1/3 of the price, and the Tesla S is faster, more practical, cheaper, and has x20 its EV range...Well done BMW for spending millions on research and proving Hybrid technology is pointless :wacko:...oh wait its got a BMW badge, that automatically makes it the best EV/Hybrid/Sports car ever made :lol:.

Edited by gangzoom