Spotted - Audi R8

WoREoD

Saw this car coming towards me and thought "Wow, whats that". Glimpsed the Audi badges but it still didnt click....

Half-an-hour later as I returned from picking up my friend I saw it again, this time parked at the side of the road in Marlow. Cruised Very, very slowly passed and read the R8 badges!

Thats is one stunning, sexy, pretty looking car. Pictures dont do it justice. Wow!

p.s. Lady friend said a car cant be "pretty"! That one was....

bad a55! as in good, they have a few r8's in audi solihull -possibly the most impressive dealerships ive ever been in, they do let you test drive the one parked outside as long as you talk the talk and arriuve in a nice enuogh car , the z doesn't work but my mates continental gt did

bad a55! as in good, they have a few r8's in audi solihull -possibly the most impressive dealerships ive ever been in, they do let you test drive the one parked outside as long as you talk the talk and arriuve in a nice enuogh car , the z doesn't work but my mates continental gt did

But when he said bad ass he was talking about the Gallardo Superleggara :blush:

I may however go test drive one just to see what its like :thumbs:

Don't get me wrong I like the car. I just don't like the fact that its based on a certain car and then made worse just like the Cayman :thumbs:

The consensus from the motoring press is not that its been "made worse". ;)

Don't get me wrong I like the car. I just don't like the fact that its based on a certain car and then made worse just like the Cayman :thumbs:

Well from V10 to V8, 520 bhp to 414 bhp, 0-60 4.3 to 3.8, lower torque of 376 down to 276 lb-ft, top speed down from 198 to 181 mph, weight up from 1430 to 1560 kg.

All suggest to me that they've taken a great car and made it worse, but still a great car in its own right i'm sure. Again, just like the Cayman when Porsche took out the LSD to keep cost/ performance down :thumbs:

I know its not mean't to be a direct competitor and that its supposed to be cheaper but a client of mine has just bought one for over £90k which is Gallardo money. :)

Well from V10 to V8, 520 bhp to 414 bhp, 0-60 4.3 to 3.8, lower torque of 376 down to 276 lb-ft, top speed down from 198 to 181 mph, weight up from 1430 to 1560 kg.

All suggest to me that they've taken a great car and made it worse, but still a great car in its own right i'm sure. Again, just like the Cayman when Porsche took out the LSD to keep cost/ performance down :thumbs:

I know its not mean't to be a direct competitor and that its supposed to be cheaper but a client of mine has just bought one for over £90k which is Gallardo money. :)

Performance stats don't tell the whole story, of course. The fact that it is being touted as better than the 911 suggests to me that they've taken a great car and made another great car in a different class. There's still £40k plus between them on list price (for a base Gallardo not the SE) and I'm sure that there are plenty of ways to add to Gallardo's price with extras. :teeth:

the motoring press I've read says the Audi R8 is a cracker (check out the laptime that Evo achieved with it... wow) - and there is rumor of putting the lambo engine in it, although I'm not sure if they would do that because then they won't be selling many lambo's..

saw a couple at festival of speed and drooled some - if I had about 100k to spend on a (new) car I would get one

Performance stats don't tell the whole story, of course. The fact that it is being touted as better than the 911 suggests to me that they've taken a great car and made another great car in a different class. There's still £40k plus between them on list price (for a base Gallardo not the SE) and I'm sure that there are plenty of ways to add to Gallardo's price with extras. :teeth:

I agree totally mate, and I do think its a fantastic car, I just find it strange that a manufacturer can produce two cars that are so similar. :headhurt:

That huge plastic trim running down the outside behind the doors just doesn't look right. Seems to be a two toned idea they lifted from the Veyron. Need to see it in the flesh.

the black one looked great but the other colours were rather wishy washy - needs far stronger colours in my opinion.