Cleaning Alzean Leather Seats?

Andymac183

I've got a 53 plate Z - and after 10 years, the leathers looking a bit....grubby.

So , I purchased some ArmorAll leather wipes, which, with a LOT of pressure, moved a lot of the muck from the seats, but not all.

I'm still left with ground-in dirt that I'm sure, with the right product, will lift out. I'm looking for something that's a bit more...aggressive? than the leather wipes.

Has anyone here been in a similar predicament with their bright orange seats, and what products have you used?

The Gliptone conditioner also makes your leather smell like, erm, leather.

So when you get in your car, the leather aroma hits you. Reminds me of that time in SMD's basement.... :ninja:

• Like 3

The Gliptone conditioner also makes your leather smell like, erm, leather.

So when you get in your car, the leather aroma hits you. Reminds me of that time in SMD's basement.... :ninja:

:lol:

There's an argument (largely from the leather experts on DW) that adding a conditioner to coated leather actually traps dirt on the surface so it's not recommended to use conditioners on modern leather as there's no benefit (other than the SMD basement flashbacks... if that's your thing ;) ).

Cheers all - I recently found a very cheap reseller of AG stuff, so I'll see if they've got this in...and I think I need a stiff-ish brush of some sort to really get in there! Previous owner has also tried to spray the seats with orange paint, so I've got my work cut out here! Will post results as I get them at the weekend!