what is this? (strange badge inside)

-Bradders-

This has to be the most public car purchase I've ever seen and we've only just got to the organising a visit stage. Can't wait for the negotiating stage :lol:

I'll be very sad if it doesn't end up being done on here!

This has to be the most public car purchase I've ever seen and we've only just got to the organising a visit stage. Can't wait for the negotiating stage :lol:

I'll be very sad if it doesn't end up being done on here!

They should only be allowed to communicate through the forum or more specifically, this thread.

Edited by mouthwash

I think we need some off topic stuff to keep us busy in the mean time, like we did with Max Revs.

Off topic you say Grundy?

I've got a perfect starter - Would anyone be interested in a set of pristine 4 point SABELT Harnesses in Blue? ;)

Was on a drive earlier to work and thought....Ooo I have something I should sell.

Edited by grundy225

I think we need some off topic stuff to keep us busy in the mean time, like we did with Max Revs.

Off topic you say Grundy?

I've got a perfect starter - Would anyone be interested in a set of pristine 4 point SABELT Harnesses in Blue? ;)

Was on a drive earlier to work and thought....Ooo I have something I should sell.

No. :D

Looks like our friend max revs is looking to buy himself a pioneer headunit from Halfrauds http://answers.halfo...tm?sort=recentq

First TWO questions.

Corrected :lol:

Edit: Bradders, can you change the title to include "here be dragons" at the start, just as a warning to others :lol:

Don't be molesting my posts :p

Yeah, it needs to be somewhat on topic or it'll either get moved or locked and I really want to find out what happens, this is like 350z-uk.com's equivilent of a 3 part love saga.

Also, we should have a forum gold sub forum where good threads reach the end of their life, get locked and moved to a forum for historical purposes.

Just for keeping it on topic ish, what's everyones buying process? I'd say an HPI check is fairly middle of the way I do things once I'm keen enough to buy it, but not so far in I've wasted time.

Edited by AliveBoy

Just for keeping it on topic ish, what's everyones buying process? I'd say an HPI check is fairly middle of the way I do things once I'm keen enough to buy it, but not so far in I've wasted time.

I go to see a car, get my rose-tinted glasses out and see past all the dents, scratches and fire damage, pull the cash out my pocket regardless of condition, my girlfriend tugs me..................................... away and tells me to be smart, I then go away, hpi it, then realise it's shite/good and either move on or buy it.

Mine was, Call them up on a wednesday, tell them I want it, wake up early saturday, get on the train, stop off in town to collect £7k Cash. Go for a coffee, get on the train to my destination.

Get picked up by the sellers wife in her range rover from the station, taken to there house.

Husband just arrives home.

Look over the car, go out for a test drive ( He drives, I sit in the passenger seat playing with the heated seat button) Test the radio. I then sit in the drivers side, ask why the **** wont it start? 'Push the clutch in'. Pop the bonnet, check over to see if it all looks okay. Check the tyres, brakes, check for marks on the car to barter the price over.

Go inside his house, sit down, have a coffee, shows me log books, MOT, Receipts etc, talk about money, barter too hard, only knock off £300 from asking price.

Take keys, drive home with smile on my face.

That is exactly how I bought my car, sod HPI :lol: Oh and I was on my own, and they were a lovely polish couple :)

A lot of the cheap checks don't tell you if there is any outstanding finance on the car though

Agreed. I used the expensive one to be on the safe side. Cost like £20 or £30 for three so I got 3. Only used one though. Other ones have expired. Oh well.

On another note, if Brad does buy mine it will be the one car he's been interested in that hasn't even been advertised, haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yeah but his reason was the fact it was a write off and didn't want the people he was trying to sell it to to find out, haha

I've pretty much scripted my entire advert but was waiting until closer to the baby arrival time to advertise it.

Darren, where are you based, what's the mileage etc? I'm toying with buying a zed

Hi mate,

Based in Bristol, Mileage is 118,000 with FNSH, taxed and Mot etc.

Brad is viewing it tonight though so it may go! Will let you know the outcome. I didn't intend to sell it yet but Brad needs a 350Z more than I do from the sounds of it, haha