Replace Clutch Over £1000

keithvmx1200

Surely if you bought it from a main dealer they should offer some help?? I had a 2/3 gear synchro go wrong in my DC2 Integra R within 3 weeks of buying it, the dealer sorted it for free.

Otherwise take it to a good honest independent and hope it's not too costly....If your anywhere near Leicester I really wouldn't look any where else but CS.

I've tried other garages due to lazyness but if you want quality work and honest advice it has to be CS everytime. I now use them for both of our cars, and I don't even have own a Z anymore!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gangzoom

Just out of interest, are there any mobile mechanics on here?

On another car forum I'm a member of, we have a couple of mobile mechanics, who will come to you (at cost), to do jobs like clutches, head gaskets etc. Far cheaper than dealer prices.

I just bought Neil's (Lincolnbaggie's) zed and its on its original clutch at 77k and it still feels fine. Owned by 2 forum members before me and it shows.

Started looking at a stage 2 and lightweight flywheel to get done soon so I don't have the hassle of a failure.

Thank's for all your advice. No one would guarantee any clutch fitted unless I use the Nissan HR one. I am still waiting to hear back from the car dealer who sold me the car.Trading Standards has told me that as I was not able to overtake a car without the clutch slipping the car was not fit for purpose. I have been told by Trading Standards that I have to do all contacts with the dealer in writing. I have sent them one letter but so far no reply. I will let you know how I get on.

Are you not listening to anything everybody is telling you???? The parts have there own warranty the same as the Nissan one.

I really think this thread should be locked as you are not listening to anybody and always correct!

Are you not listening to anything everybody is telling you???? The parts have there own warranty the same as the Nissan one.

I really think this thread should be locked as you are not listening to anybody and always correct!

I think you are the one not listening. I took the car to 3 separate garage's within 25 miles of where I live and they all said they would fit a new clutch but would only guarantee it if it was with parts recomended by Nissan.

The garage wont guarantee the part. The company who makes the part will guarantee it as far as I know. I could be completely wrong so someone correct me if so, if the part fails due to incorrect fitting it will be down to the garage, but if its down to a part failure within the guarantee time period it will be down to the part manufacturer to replace it.

See this from the Clarkmotorsport Terms and Conditions

"All guarantees for new products are provided entirely by the manufacturers/UK importers and are subject to their terms and conditions. If you wish to pursue a warranty claim we shall act on your behalf and shall treat all claims as a matter of urgency."

For example, if you buy an exedy clutch and it fails, if you had bought it from clarke it will be down to exedy to replace it however clarke will pursue the claim for you.

All this said, go to a decent garage and you really shouldn't have any issues, you seem fixated on dealers and warranties but what I would be spending more time researching is which garages are best for the job, this has already been answered for you a few times, Horsham developments for example. Any trader on here will not want to ruin there reputation within the forum by selling or fitting the part wrong on your car.

Your warranty if any is with whomever you purchased the part from not who made it . You only have a contract with the supplier of the goods

If you buy a Phillips kettle from tesco you wouldn't return it to Phillips if it broke

Thanks for everyone for their input. I have found someone in Gloucester who has given me a estimate total of £1263.60 for supply and fit 3 piece clutch assembly + dual mass flywheel and they are almost on my doorstep. I just have to wait to hear from the dealer who I bought the car from to see if they are willing to put their hands in their pockets to pay for it.

Dealer told me today he will give me all my money back except for £300 which is not too bad as I could have waited for ages before it went to court. I consoled myself over the £300 loss and looked upon it as a 3 month car hire.

I would like to thank all who put input into my topic.

I am now looking for a nice 350Z with a good clutch. Lol

Keith