Advice Needed - Difficult Gear Changing (1st and 2nd)

RS8055

Hi guys, I recently had a P3 service done by Sly @ Kaizer Motors. Since then, I have been experiencing difficulties getting the car into 1st and/or 2nd after a cold start for some time until the car properly heats up. I've heard some people mentioning that this is due to the oil changes not being OEM Nissan recommended. Can anyone shed some light on the situation please (as it is taking a lot of pleasure out of driving my Zed!) :(

Cheers,

Ryan

It's quite a common "issue" with the Zed, but it's strange to occur immediately after a service if it hasn't ever manifest before. I'd suggest getting in touch with the garage as a first step to see what they'd suggest.

Thing is that Sly (at Kaizer Motors) told me that he changed the oils to something different to what Nissan usually put in. Could this be the issue? To get more specifics, I will need to drop him an e-mail.. :blink:

Hi I am having the same issues! Car was fine before having all the fluids changed and now after second gear seems very difficult when cold and I also have a funny screeching noise from I presume the diff area ( it's deffinately the rear of the car) only happens half a dozen times when cold for the first 5 mins of driving and doesn't seem speed related. As I only use car on weekend I was going to see how it is off a few weeks then go from there.

Did he change the gearbox oils though? It's not required on a P3, but it may have been done due to mileage.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he changed the gearbox oil and most of the fluids. The car had literally just hit 60,000 miles, so he said it would be recommended to change them.. :wacko:

I had the same problem but not after a service, I got the Gearbox oil pack from Clark Motorsport (Zmanalex)

which was genuine Nissan oils for the Gearbox and Diff also Molyslip for the Gearbox. Changed oils

put in Molyslip, now changes as smooth as a baby's bottom... :thumbs:

I had the same problem but not after a service, I got the Gearbox oil pack from Clark Motorsport (Zmanalex)

which was genuine Nissan oils for the Gearbox and Diff also Molyslip for the Gearbox. Changed oils

How easy would it be for me to do the changes myself? I wouldn't trust myself unless it is a ridiculously simple job...

How easy would it be for me to do the changes myself? I wouldn't trust myself unless it is a ridiculously simple job...

I took mind down to my local garage as I know the guy and it took him 10 mins on his ramp, looked

a very simple job, charged me £10 to do it. :thumbs: