Bloody Rich Neighbours - I hate them :-)

Dan

I've mentioned before my next door but one neighbour had a Bentley Continental GT. Last night I arrived home and he was standing on his driveway admiring his latest aquisition...the same car but a Convertible, brand spanking new. I went over and asked him had he won the lottery :D

The guy is very sound and down to earth, he owns a chain of carpet shops and just loves his Bentleys so treated himself. I was going to get a photo tonight but he set off for Spain in the car this morning and won't be back for ten days. Hell of a first outing and at least he will be able to get the roof down over there !

Gorgeous car, in metallic blue and they presented him with a framed picture, hand drawn, of his car complete down to the correct registration number. :)

I want one !!!

They do look pretty good, and bet they are awesome at eating motorway miles, but I'd be after an Aston if I had the money :teeth:

+1 :thumbs: Vanquish or DB9 sport :wub:

Out of the 2 DB9 sport SHOULD be the better option due to the manual gearbox option. However i still prefer the look of the Vantage.

Chris - lets get some cash together and get one. lol

They do look pretty good, and bet they are awesome at eating motorway miles, but I'd be after an Aston if I had the money :teeth:

+1 :thumbs: Vanquish or DB9 sport :wub:

Out of the 2 DB9 sport SHOULD be the better option due to the manual gearbox option. However i still prefer the look of the Vantage.

Chris - lets get some cash together and get one. lol

Give me 20 or so years to pay of my mortgage and I'll be up for it :thumbs:

yeah right... if you have not heard of them then you must be this guy

simon.jpg

I've kept my vow for eighteen years, not a single recognisable, articulate sound has passed my lips.

:p:p:p

going back to the subject , nice car, but a bit for the monaco/hollywood styles... perhaps even london...

not for bedford... and there is a guy that cruises around in one... :wacko:

A couple where I live and they just look out of pace and lost. Wouldnt fancy country lanes in one either. Not much room left with the tourists in the middle.

For the same money I think I could come up with something I would enjoy more, and a car :p

yeah right... if you have not heard of them then you must be this guy

simon.jpg

Think i was joking, sick to the back teeth reading about the Beckhams and what they have had and done. But it proves that money does not buy you taste. That car looks :yuck::p;)

not a fan tbh - and they cant keep up ;)

Give over, this thing has the 6.0 litre W12 Twin Turbo, 550 bhp and four wheel drive, it must go like the clappers ! In the Coupe it's a 200 mph car.

Hmmm, 200 mph in a rag top with the roof down, interesting...

not a fan tbh - and they cant keep up ;)

Give over, this thing has the 6.0 litre W12 Twin Turbo, 550 bhp and four wheel drive, it must go like the clappers ! In the Coupe it's a 200 mph car.

Hmmm, 200 mph in a rag top with the roof down, interesting...

Most owners would lose their tupee at that speed! ;)

I like the Bently. It's a sweet car.

I'm about to be flamed off the forum here but I have to admit to a major liking for Rolls Royce and Bentleys.

I absolutely adore the Silver Shadow and I've had 2 very nice ones, and a Corniche ( 2 door Coupe ) that was originally owned by Cliff Richard.

I've also had a smattering of very nice Bentleys including a lovely 30,000 mile Brooklands which I really enjoyed and was sad to part with.

For me though, the old ones are the best and one day in the not too distant future I'm going to end up with a really mint low mileage Shadow which I will keep forever.

If anyone is interested I wrote a "buyers guide" on these cars on my old website with some nice pictures of the cars : www.crossfieldcarsales.co.uk

The link to the buyers guide is on the left on the home screen.

P.S. This isn't a plug, this website hasn't been used for years and all the cars are long gone !

You have to respect them, even if they are owned by the germans!

I prefer the older ones, when they were still British.

Most of the Rolls/Bentley fans hate the BMW engined cars and in fact there was an outcry when that happened and they brought the Rolls Royce V8 back.

I stick by my opinion that the 350z is quicker down a decent road (ie with bends in it!).

Curb Weight: 2385 kg (5258 lb)

12.8 sec quarter mile is not impressive for a 550bhp car..

Nurbergring lap times..

http://forums.streetfire.net/printthread.php?t=12129

Bentley Continental GT --- 8:40.30 (Tom Kristensen)

BMW M6 --- 8:07.76 (Prinz Leopold von Bayern)

Lamborghini Gallardo SE --- 7:56.65 (Tom Kristensen)

Mercedes CLK DTM AMG --- 7:56.50 (Klaus Ludwig)

Porsche Carerra GT --- 7:39.49 (Walter Rohrl)

8:26 - Nissan 350Z (Sport Auto 10/03)

(the Arnage T cant keep up in a straight line even..)

.. the main reason for not wanting one (apart from the fact im not rich!) is the crass styling and vulgar image..