Traction control cutting in far too early

Hexxeh

Having a bit of a problem with the traction control on my beloved Zed, it's cutting in far too early before a wheel has even remotely begun to lose grip. I replaced the Bridgestones on the back with Continentals a couple months ago, thinking it might be something to do with those? Had RE050s on before, now they're SportContact 5s.

Any suggestions for things to check? I know I could turn the TC off, but I quite like having it on unless the roads are dry and I'm heading out specially to have a bit of fun.

You've moved the grip levels, assuming you're still running 050s on the front. Changing to Contis all round will massively help, plus you'll have to adjust your right foot to the different rubber.

Assuming tyres are still the correct sizes, of course.

225/45/18 front and 245/45/18 rear. Running 35psi all round, despite the contis on the back being softer on the sidewalls. Perhaps slightly more pressure in the rears would help?

Edited by Hexxeh

I experienced the same problem, as I had mismatched tyres when I bought my Zed almost 18 months ago. It had original OEM Bridgestones on the front and nearly new Avon's on the rear.

Ran the Bridgestones to the legal limit and then changed the fronts to Avons to match the rears.

No more problems with TC etc.

There are some pinned threads on tyre mixing on here which I found very useful.