Anybody up for a challenge???

GC350z

If you're bored that is :)

Load up GT4 on the playstation, buy a GT4 and do a free run of the ring. Set the TCS and both ASM's to 0. No modifications allowed. ie stock tyres and no NOS. Nothing.

Target time is sub 8mins. :teeth:

I was bored this evening and just set a time of 7:59.454 with one spin after I found a site with a supposed time of 7:42.073 in a stock 350Z '03.

Guy

I dont have a PS3 or Xbox or PS2.

I want one now!

lol, I want a PS3 but will wait for the new GT or else GTA. The only games I play now.

My PS2 is now worthless. It sounds a bit like a typewriter ever since I did the 24hr ring race. Left it running for 2 weeks doing a bit each evening.

Got my time down last night to 7:54. Also, I discovered that the time done on that web site (7:42) I found is crap as he lists his bhp as 330 so he has modified it in some way.

7:54 to beat!!!

I dont have a PS3 or Xbox or PS2.

I want one now!

lol, I want a PS3 but will wait for the new GT or else GTA. The only games I play now.

My PS2 is now worthless. It sounds a bit like a typewriter ever since I did the 24hr ring race. Left it running for 2 weeks doing a bit each evening.

Got my time down last night to 7:54. Also, I discovered that the time done on that web site (7:42) I found is crap as he lists his bhp as 330 so he has modified it in some way.

7:54 to beat!!!

I could always pick up on in town today as i have nothing to do at all, plus it would look awesome on my bravia at home! :thumbs:

I had a quick bash (2 laps) on Forza last night but its completely different from GT4, with regards to handling and power and even the corners seem different. I managed a 9minute lap (on my second lap), the start/finish line is on the long straight but on GT4 its on the twisty bit after the straight.

Im sure i can beat your time, although if memory serves me right your time is pretty respectable. I used to always do it in an s2000 and even took a screen shot of my best lap but i cant find it now :dry:

It used to take me around 10 laps to beat my previous best time so i was pushing very hard and having near "perfect" sectors on all my laps.

In real life when they do the endurance race the start/finish is on the F1 circuit as is the pit lane. GT4 uses only the original circuit. I don't have Forza but it sounds as if the start/finish is on the straight where Clarkson stopped his timer. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think on track days the lap ends on this final straight and cars must begin slowing down.

I think I can get another 2 secs out of it at best if I take the corners perfectly and get my breaking spot on.

In real life when they do the endurance race the start/finish is on the F1 circuit as is the pit lane. GT4 uses only the original circuit. I don't have Forza but it sounds as if the start/finish is on the straight where Clarkson stopped his timer. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think on track days the lap ends on this final straight and cars must begin slowing down.

I think I can get another 2 secs out of it at best if I take the corners perfectly and get my breaking spot on.

That sounds right to me from what i remember. :thumbs:

Im so tempted to get one now, may get one today, or do i wait and get the camera first! Grr too much that i want.

I using this as a nice distraction from thinking about trading in my MY04 for a MY07. Got offered 2k more for my car by the dealer that has the 07 compaired to my dealer that doesn't. It'll still cost me an aditional 26k. I know I'll do it anyway.

That sounds right to me from what i remember. :thumbs:

Im so tempted to get one now, may get one today, or do i wait and get the camera first! Grr too much that i want.

Yeah on Forza the stop start is on the straight where clarkson timed his lap in the jag.

Ooo i just found the photo i took when i did it with an S2000.

With the S2000 i did a 8'00.637. If my memory serves me right i did manage to beat this time by a few seconds but sadly didnt get a pic :dry:

Im sure the Zed could knock a few seconds off that with it having more power on the straights.

Its gunna be tough but i'll try and get my ps3 back this weekend and have a bash. :boxing:

Its all about hooking up each of the sectors and being as smooth as possible. Your time certainly deserves some respect. :thumbs:

You want a 360. GTA IV is appearing on that too, and you get forza, which is in my opinion a lot more realistic than the Grand Tourismo games.

You can also get a HD DVD drive for the 360 for about £90 - making it still about £100 cheaper than a PS3 for now.

Blue Ray/HD DVD debate is long and drawn out affair with no clear winner yet. Some studios have signed up to one format, some studios the other and some other studios not declared their hand yet - its Betamax/VHS all over again.

is it worth getting a ps3 then? ill use it for DVDs too as i currently dont have a nice HD dvd player

Dude a ps3 wont give you HD dvd playing as it uses Blueray. Not sure of the difference though :dry:

I meant as a collective term not a direct indication of format.

Chris - i know what you are saying there, i have played a demo of forza on the xbox at work and its awesome. Plus with the addon for the DVD player, its pretty cheap still.

You want a 360. GTA IV is appearing on that too

Rockstar have said the 360 caused problems in developing GTA IV becuase they had to design a version that can be played on a 360 that doesn't have a hard disc. It'll be PS3 for me. Besides I'm a die hard GT fan.

Although Forza 2 is good,very good, damage aside it isn't ultimately as realistic as GT.

ATM i would say the 360 is the better console, but give it a year and i think with the power of the ps3 and available games, it will be the one that comes out on top. The 360 does have alot of bugs though, which is a slight issue for me. The one that im using oftens freezes up and ive heard many of them having the dreaded circle of death. Sure they are now covered by warranty but the whole point of a console is so that u can play games. You wouldn't be able too if its always being fixed. My mates 360 has been for repair twice, both times they had it around a month.

Lucky for me i can play both :teeth:

Louis, borrow your sisters PS2, buy the camera and wait untill GT5 comes out before you buy a ps3. until then get button bashing and try and beat the Ring time!! :teeth::thumbs: