Amazon pricing too clever for its own good?

stanski

I think Amazon are being so clever trying to trip us up and pay more?

Example:

Today I purchased a CD album (retro I know but thats me)

Costs £5 the MP3 version is something like £7.90?

Fine ok but when you buy CD's etc on Amazon they give you an mp3 version of it for free anyway?

So I downloaded the mp3 immediately whilst my cd turns up next week.

I prefer CD's still because if your mp3 gets corrupted etc you still have the CD, plus I still play cd's better quality anyway.

So the impatient kids will pay more for instant gratification eh? Mind you they are probably on dodgey websites anyway downloading all this stuff for free?

Very odd anyway thought I would mention it?

• Like 1

When you buy a CD you don't get the MP3 you get access to a digital version of it on Amazons cloud drive. This means the track can only be accessed whilst you have a connection (possibility only through an android device), its only available at 256 kbps or under bit rate which is the minimum you'd expect and has DRM that limits it so its only available on 10 devices.

If you buy the MP3 you get the actual file DRM free, you can play it on any device offline, the bit rate is what ever amazon sell it as, but they are pretty bad and not telling you before you buy it and its never above 320 (so probably not much of a win there). You'll also probably get better artwork and maybe a video or something else like that.

Buying the CD and ripping your own losses version is always going to be better

• Like 1