Plenum spacers.....

Jared350z

Received my red plenum spacer from Wasso this morning, I must say, great quality & finish, better than I imagined & delivered within 3 days. Very happy. #thankswasso B)

That sounds far too long.......

Sunday - Ordered

Monday (Bank Holiday) - Book collection

Tuesday - Spacer Collected

Wednesday - Delivered

Had it been a normal day Monday you'd have received it yesterday :thumbs:

Glad all received okay, lovely bits of kit eh :teeth: (I also have a red one fitted)

Was hoping for same day delivery but.... :stir::lol:

The price for delivery is higher :p (but can be arranged if needed)

Received my red plenum spacer from Wasso this morning, I must say, great quality & finish, better than I imagined & delivered within 3 days. Very happy. #thankswasso B)

That sounds far too long.......

Sunday - Ordered

Monday (Bank Holiday) - Book collection

Tuesday - Spacer Collected

Wednesday - Delivered

Had it been a normal day Monday you'd have received it yesterday :thumbs:

Glad all received okay, lovely bits of kit eh :teeth: (I also have a red one fitted)

Was hoping for same day delivery but.... :stir::lol:

The price for delivery is higher :p (but can be arranged if needed)

Hahaha...joking aside, im chuffed and it looks the dogs danglies!! You have a great product there. Next up (as instructed by Payco with gun to my head)...a plenum polish!! :D

Well I'm hoping to get my new polisher by the end of the week.

I'm a bit stacked with plenums at the minute but once I get a window of opportunity I'll let you know.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry guys Im new to all this and just having my zed for a couple of weeks, am looking to mod. What does the spacer acheive and how does it work and approx what would I be looking to pay for one.

sorry for my lack of knowledge here

Zeb

sorry guys Im new to all this and just having my zed for a couple of weeks, am looking to mod. What does the spacer acheive and how does it work and approx what would I be looking to pay for one.

sorry for my lack of knowledge here

Zeb

Wasso's the guy to chat with mate...Courtesy of wasso: 'Price is £170 delivered to mainland UK.

The spacer compliments the many array of performance and style mods for your car. The spacer is probably one of the best performance per £ you can buy. Tie this up with the Uprev tune and you'll benefit from mid range torque and a nicer growl from the V6 as you are increasing the plenum chamber air space.

I've got one, and so have many many other people.

I designed mine on the Motordyne version but further improved it by making it cheaper and having the benefit of looks by polishing and anodising the outer edge. This makes for simple cleaning, unlike the Motordyne which looks grubby and won't clean up due to not being polished. So I've taken great mod and moved it forward a few paces.

In stock and pretty much good to go next day. It's a simple case of just picking a colour…… (normally based on your engine bay theme, or I do hold plain styles such as silver or black etc.'

• 2 months later...

Okay here goes, we shall start with a standard DE.

Plenum spacer fitted will exceed the spacer performance gains over that of a GT4 and Revup - because the DE tunes better. Just the way it is.

GT4/Revup

A spacer alone will provide some gains but in order to gain over and above a plenum spacer on a DE you'll need a Motordyne MREV 2 lower plenum. A GT4/Revup will then gain more than a DE with just a spacer.

Two ways to resolve the GT4/Revup.

1. Get a used or new MREV 2

2. Get hold of a DE lower plenum. Shave the front two ports flat which is all a MREV 2 is.

I have a modified DE lower plenum with shaved ports and it performs exactly the same as the MREV 2

Considering what Motordyne charge, modifying a DE lower collector if done correctly will provide the necessary gains.

Abbey will I'm sure suggest you buy a MREV 2 from them to see nice gains.

To be honest the DE tunes better NA with added mods. GT4/Revup gain better power with FI, and furthermore with HR.

Although the upper hand with GT4/Revup is the higher rev limit. So what is lost in lesser gains is resolved by a longer power band. Horses for courses really.

Edited by Wasso
  • Like 3

Not possible realistically money and time wise. Plus I need to get the remap done to get rid of this P1147 caused by the berks and milltek

Just going to have to suck it up really. Thinking about going supercharged in the long run and I think I read the RevUp plenum is better for FI? So maybe I'll just deal with it :\

Edited by longsh07

Revup is generally better on FI over DE. Only downside is the option for second hand revup SC's due to the bracket, don't come round very often.

But then, new is always better, you know its fresh and no need to worry if a second hand unit has been looked after or not.

• Like 2

Revup is generally better on FI over DE. Only downside is the option for second hand revup SC's due to the bracket, don't come round very often.

But then, new is always better, you know its fresh and no need to worry if a second hand unit has been looked after or not.

That's true. Cheers chap, appreciate the help :)

• Like 1