Rear Strut Subwoofer Enclosures

OV53

Alreet me bonny bairns!

I am considering taking my MDF cutting skills to market, but before I take the plunge I would like to see if it would be worthwhile doing.

I have 3 options that I would consider doing immediately and they would be:

1. Operation flatpack - I provide the enclosure pre-cut, pre-drilled and countersunk. Screws and terminals are provided and a fool proof user guide too.

This is the cheapest and quickest turnaround option, also the most satisfying for you as you get to build something of your own and feel a sense of achievement when you fit it.

Glue, silicone, carpet and cabling isn't included but can be put into the package for an extra cost.

2. Operation upholster it yourself - this option is for the less ambitious carpenter, but you still want to put your own touch on it, right?

With the ever growing choice of trim styles and types available nowadays, some people just aren't satisfied with black carpet. So this option allows you to decorate your enclosure whichever way you please!

The box comes pre-built, sealed and with a wired terminal so that you can just drop your sub straight in.

3. Operation VIP - this is for the customer who has far too much on their hands, the guy/girl who just wants to whack it straight in with no foreplay.

Basically the full enclosure built, sealed, carpeted, terminals and internal wiring.

The most expensive option but most convenient.

I will be making these in my spare time and the turnaround time from order is expected to be 1-2 weeks depending on what package you go for.

Anyways, in case you didn't see the quality of the fit in the "What Mod Have You Done Today" thread, here is another picture....

emepemer.jpg

ymahybun.jpg

So roll up guys! Who fancies it?

Peace

Phil

• Like 1

Always a demand for these :thumbs:

Why not just offer all 3 options with varying prices to match. Then let the buyer decide which they'd prefer. Instead of just offering the one option?

Always a demand for these :thumbs:

Why not just offer all 3 options with varying prices to match. Then let the buyer decide which they'd prefer. Instead of just offering the one option?

I am offering the 3 options with 3 different prices, I just wanted to see if people wanted to register their interest first before I set up as a trader on here.

• Like 1

I think i would be intrested in Operation flatpack depending on the price difference to the others. Mainly because im a tight arse but also cause i think youre right in it will make me feel good after screwing it together and completing it :).

I'm guessing you only do boxes for 10" subs as the 12's are a tight squeeze? Also could you have it so the sub faces the front instead of the rear? Im intrested in seeing your prices :)

Looks good Phil. B)

Not sure how much demand there would be for this sort of thing so doubt your going to get rich quick, :lol: ...but kudos for helping other members out as not all are so handy when it comes to this sort of thing. :clap:

Have you considered any other designs? ..like the below for instance just for an idea.

2505265_530_IMG-0126.jpg

CIMG1205.jpg

:thumbs:

I can do pretty much any install but as a shippable product the under strut is the most practical. I can put holes in for 2 subs if needed, the customer just needs to specify their needs.

I know this isn't a get rich quick scheme, more a hobby that I've always played about with and if I can earn a few beer tokens doing something I enjoy then game on!

If there are any North East members who want a proper boot build like the top image then by all means get in touch and we can work something out.

• Like 2

Oh also the under struts are only suitable for 10" subs.

I find most ladies would agree with me that 10" inches is more than enough. :D:lol:

Ooerr! There is a video somewhere on the interweb that suggests otherwise, I'll let you find it yourself but it beggars belief!

Flat pack all inclusive would be my option. :thumbs: Out of interest, why have the sub speaker facing into the boot? I would be worried that when I put stuff in the boot it would get damage? :blackeye:

That is true but that's why I've seen other people use speaker grills to protect them. ;) Lot's of different styles available cheaply too. :thumbs:

maAALKQDJ36BwkQ85N-1exA.jpg

audiobahnAFG10_5.jpg

Flat pack all inclusive would be my option. :thumbs: Out of interest, why have the sub speaker facing into the boot? I would be worried that when I put stuff in the boot it would get damage? :blackeye:

The magnet on my sub was just too big to fit in the other way, it's obscenely big! To be fair I never really use the boot as the parcel shelf or footwell gets used for shopping.

But as Ballistic says, if needs must then a couple of bars can be put across as protection.

Also, subs can be put facing the other way, it is all dependable upon the type of sub you are putting in. Mine is a Hertz HX 250 competition 10" sub so the magnet is ludicrously massive. Most normal subs magnets have a smaller depth and diameter.

I think this is a very good idea.

Sound wise, having the sub facing the back of the car actually sounds the best, something to do with the wavelength of the sub 80 hz soundwaves emanating from the sub. However, most amps have a phase switch to counter any issues regarding facing.

Nice work and a good service for members if you get enough interest hopefully, good luck :thumbs:

Cheers mate, not long till Japfest now so folks will get to see the prototype in the flesh. Hopefully that will generate some interest....

Nice work and a good service for members if you get enough interest hopefully, good luck :thumbs:

Cheers mate, not long till Japfest now so folks will get to see the prototype in the flesh. Hopefully that will generate some interest....

Yep get plenty of pictures up etc :thumbs:

Sent from the golf club...

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: