corporation tax time

clockwize

The Vat is fun too. Its just like being a collection agency for HMRC but without getting paid for the job. Then theres the bit where you cant do cash accounting anymore, so you have to account for the money being yours at the moment of invoice, regardless of whether the money has physically come in or not. It means if somebody takes more than 3 months to pay, then you get to pay HMRC the value of the VAT on your invoice, regardless of whether you have been paid or not.

Its a right barrel of laughs Husky - give it a whirl. :lol:

Is Flat Rate Vat not an option? That way you get a little (sometimes) for doing The Man's Job for him.

Only available on VAT taxable turnover up to £150k, so not applicable to us unfortunately.

Its a right barrel of laughs Husky - give it a whirl. :lol:

Ive got a better one for you - we are a recruitment company and operate reverse charge on overseas VAT so Im also paying out before I get it back in, but my favourite is when I pay expenses, despite no-one making any profit on the expenses I have to pay onward VAT and then wait for it to come back.

HMRC, Y U DO THIS?? :rant:

but my favourite is when I pay expenses, despite no-one making any profit on the expenses I have to pay onward VAT and then wait for it to come back.

HMRC, Y U DO THIS?? :rant:

:lol: Ive wondered that too! I have to do the same if a customer wants to pay for me to visit them and i buy the flights / pay for the costs. I have to add VAT to the invoice I send to the client. God knows why.

Edited by rabbitstew