Ashtray loose?

clockwize

Hey,

The ashtray in my centre console moves and doesn't seem to clip in to anything, I can't see how it does clip, though I can sit it in the correct place where it looks right and opens correctly.. Before I get the double sided sticky tape out, is there a proper way this is secured in place?

Thanks in advance :)

Mine doesn't move around when it's seated correctly, but it does really "clip in" as such.

PS - Sorry for slightly off topic, but whilst you're in there, can you confirm if your ashtray light stays on all the time? Mine does and not sure if it's supposed to.

Mine doesn't move around when it's seated correctly, but it does really "clip in" as such.

PS - Sorry for slightly off topic, but whilst you're in there, can you confirm if your ashtray light stays on all the time? Mine does and not sure if it's supposed to.

My light comes ones when the lights of the car are on, I think also when the interior lights are on.

OP, it doesn't clip, it just slips in :)

I think the light stays on, as I can't see any way it would know to be on/off depending on the ashtray being open, no switch or anything. I can sit mine right but when I open it, it moves out of position.. will doubled sided tape it later :p Need to superglue the flap back together as one side snapped during transit (replaced flocked one..) :(

From memory there's a spring clip on the ashtray which holds it in position ... I seem to remember mine broke and I bought a new ashtray from the ZedMan so

:pmzmanalex:

Here's a pic showing the spring clip which broke on mine

ashtray.jpg