Ollie's GM 350z

:RedZed:

I purchased my GM 350z in Sept '13 but until now I haven't been able to take some nice photos, I guess that's what you get for buying a car just before the British winter sets in! My two besties, fxn and LewisH both had 350's before me so I had to get one to complete the club!

It's a 2008 HR (so technically it's Twilight Grey not GM) with GT pack and had 63k on the clock. It was the exact spec I wanted but had an added bonus...LM GT4's in 19"! Result!

I've spent the last few months suffering from zeditus putting my stamp on it, to date I've done the following:

Removed '350z' badge

Changed Nissan burgers for 'Z' burgers (in chrome silver)

Tinted windows

Bonnet lifters

Stubby aerial

Removed the rear wiper

Added OEM bluetooth

Tonneau cover (by I4N)

Nismo gear knob (in black)

Bose hack

Clear front reflectors

LED bulbs throughout

Z-branded dust caps

This is how it's looking now:

13174927914_d30863e1ce_b.jpg

13174814213_d9c933eae8_b.jpg

13175312964_004aeb823b_b.jpg

13174753415_5b4a3ddd63_b.jpg

13175179153_1a08a357db_b.jpg

Sadly I got stung when I purchased the car, it immediately needed new discs and pads on every corner (despite looking fine 'through the wheel' when I inspected it). That set me back over £500 on top of the purchase price. I've also fitted a new washer bottle cap (snapped breather tube) and battery cover (broken clip). For peace of mind it's had a P1 service plus gearbox and diff oil change along with a tube of molyslip in the gearbox. It's also had new diff mount bushes to cure a gear change 'thud'.

It's booked in for a non-resonated Cobra on Tuesday which I can't wait for!

As for it's future, maintenance and enjoyment is all that's on the list at the mo :teeth:

Edited by :RedZed:
  • Like 2

Looks great. But one question that I've been meaning to ask since I found out you had a grey one....

Why 'RedZed'? :shrug: Surely that's false advertising! :lol:

Edited by 14N

Looks great. But one question that I've been meaning to ask since I found out you had a grey one....

Why 'RedZed'? :shrug: Surely that's false advertising! :lol:

I wondered how long before some asks! When I signed up to the forum I was determined to buy a red one, despite how uncommon they are. It was only when I found out that the red isn't metallic that I decided to get a different colour. I'd have probably gone for black but I wanted to have a different colour to LewisH and fxn and because white is like hens teeth I decided on GM.

Edited by :RedZed:

beautiful car, love the clean front end w/o license plate and those clear reflectors :) are those OEM JDM?

Thanks mate!

The reflectors are OEM, I sourced them from Steve at Redline Styling but where they actually come from I'm not sure. I think they are originally JDM, which are sent to Nissan in the USA and then imported to the UK by people like Steve but I could be mistaken. They came with Japanese fitting instructions.

Most cars have two massive holes behind the number plate holder, when I took it off (to fit the new plate directly to the car) it was smooth. I giggled like a girl! :yahoo:

okay, I'm convinced :D I will start searching for them :) those amber ones ruin the front IMO :D and it would be shame, to leave them on such a pretty car :D

you're lucky, that you don't have to have the front license plate on the car :D ..our cops would probably shoot me for not having on the Z :(:D

Edited by ZonixX