general checks and maintenance

leebottrill

I've had my 313 roadster for 2 weeks now. And wondering if people do weekly/monthly checks to keep it well maintained? If so what check do you do! I would guess at oil, screenwash , tyres. Anything else I can do to keep the car happy :)

I will of course be having the car serviced annually at Nissan!

Not so much checks and maintenance, more obvious behaviour, don't' thrash it until warm but make sure you blow the cobwebs out on a regular basis!

Doesn't hurt to check the air filter is nice and clean every now and again.

When I looked in my air filter box after purchase I found all manner of crap in there - good advice

And check the traders on here for servicing, you might get lucky with a good Nissan dealership that knows what its doing, if you don't it will be a bunch of 17 year old's poking it with a stick wondering what it is.

Just like any car, check the oil levels, fluid levels, tyre pressures etc

The air filter box check is really easy mate. Just a couple of clips and it pulls apart for you to inspect the filter. It's located on the right hand side near the bumper.

If the air filter looks past it you can purchase an upgrade from one of the traders on here.

Doddle to fit. Takes less than a few minutes in total.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes mate. You'll have one either side also toward the front near the bumper. They are just smaller filters and boxes than the old model from what I know.

Same principle to check though. Plastic clips to undo, then it pulls apart and the filter holder just slides straight out.

Go take a look now lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi mate - did you by any chance go to Poynton High School? Just used to know a guy there called lee bottrill and wondered if you were the same man?

Welcome to Zed ownership and the associated zeditis.... :thumbs:

Hi mate - did you by any chance go to Poynton High School? Just used to know a guy there called lee bottrill and wondered if you were the same man?

Welcome to Zed ownership and the associated zeditis.... :thumbs:

Nop i went to a school in cornwall. My uncle is called Lee to though. haha (im 29 hes 60ish)

Seeing you have just bought the car I would look at a P3 service, even if its sold as serviced, unless you know the history of the car / garage doing the servicing its worth doing the lot then you know its good to go, after all, its not a Honda Jazz, people buy these things to give it some poke and it will only break if its not looked after, just in a Z you tend to be going a bit faster when it does go... Worth the expense...