Write off or not? What do people think? Gutted isn't the word!!!

Easty

I've had similar with motorbikes, bought brand new a few months earlier, it was written off and they offered bottom book price on it. I got a list of the same model/year bikes for sale and they did then increase their offer so get some prices of a similar zed and haggle with them!

Well just so everyone know it's now officially a write off. . . . . .

Jeez, what a nightmare. Cars get written off far too easily these days, I can remember when they would replace entire body shells. Ludicrously high labour charges, greedy part manufacturers and the CAT scaling all put paid to that.

Pete

Thats no little scrape.

I'll bet both nuts that its written off especially if airbags have gone off

I see you've read the thread where you can safely make that promise :lol:

It reminds me of the story about the rugby fan who said he'd castrate himself if his team won (Wales I think). They did indeed win and he kept his promise :surrender:

EDIT: hers the source http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=45964

Well at least that took potential idiots out of the gene pool :lol: wtf!

Edited by Fodder

I've had similar with motorbikes, bought brand new a few months earlier, it was written off and they offered bottom book price on it. I got a list of the same model/year bikes for sale and they did then increase their offer so get some prices of a similar zed and haggle with them!

This is why they offer 'GAP' insurance.

I wonder which book they get their prices out of?

I'm from the trade.. Most repairers/insurance companies would write this off but its certainly repairable.. New door, quarter, potential inner quarter repair, new sill, potential new inner sill or sill repair and get 4 wheel alignment check for suspension damage check..

Edited by A9H-RX