Should I get one? 370z

I'd read about the road noise the 370 makes and really didn't think it would bother me. It is pretty loud though. Can a thicker boot mat and/or some Dynamat cure this?

I couldn't get a feel for what the car would be like pushing on down a twisty B-road. My Clio is pretty awesome, you can chuck it about a bit and it's fun.

How does the 370 respond in the same situation? I know it's a heavy car so will require a bit more finesse, but I don't want to take the plunge and find out it's a chore to pilot.

Lastly: Ideally I'd like an '11 plate car but is there anything wrong with going for a slightly older '10 plate? I'm just concerned about getting a car that's been out of warranty for a year therefore might have some hidden expenses.

Sorry for all the questions, just want to be sure before I hand over the cash!

Anyone shed any light on this?

Dynamat and thicker mats do help, also you do actually get used to it, it's a lot worse on certain road surfaces, the tyre type/make makes a big difference aswell

It won't handle quite like a clio due to weight and wheelbase but it has very sharp handling and is very chuckable ( I know as I have a Clio and a 370)

It's certainly not a chore to drive, I find it relaxing whether pushing on or cruising

Warranty ? This is a tough One, I bought within the warranty and haven't needed it but I do like the connect premium which came on later cars

Edited by GIXXERUK

Think the only way you are going to reduce road noise is through tyre choice and that is not an area that should be dictated by noise opposed to performance. once you change the exhaust you will have that to listen to instead but do bare in mind, its a jap sports car, designed to be light and perform well there has to be a sacrifice somewhere and I am yet to drive a jap car that isnt like this.

Dynamat and thicker mats do help, also you do actually get used to it, it's a lot worse on certain road surfaces, the tyre type/make makes a big difference aswell

It won't handle quite like a clio due to weight and wheelbase but it has very sharp handling and is very chuckable ( I know as I have a Clio and a 370)

Warranty ? This is a tough One, I bought within the warranty and haven't needed it but I do like the connect premium which came on later cars

what he said :p beat me to it

what he said :p beat me to it

:thumbs::lol:

I'm prepared for it not to handle like a Clio. Not much does out of the box I don't think.... I just want to know it will be playful and not cumbersome, which you have confirmed :)

Is the premium connect the only difference with '10 plate cars onwards?

Did earlier cars have any common faults that have been ironed out in the newer model years?

I'd read about the road noise the 370 makes and really didn't think it would bother me. It is pretty loud though. Can a thicker boot mat and/or some Dynamat cure this?

I watched a review of the 370z just before I bought mine in which they said the road noise was so bad it would put them off owning them. Now I must be deaf as I swear it's no worse than anything else I've driven. Maybe that just says more about my previous choice of cars though...

I watched a review of the 370z just before I bought mine in which they said the road noise was so bad it would put them off owning them. Now I must be deaf as I swear it's no worse than anything else I've driven. Maybe that just says more about my previous choice of cars though...

I have had a 350z before so I was aware of the road noise but when I got the 370 it seemed really loud but now it doesnt seem bad ?? probably going deaf :lol:

afaik there were no major revisions in the years and no common faults were rectified, The 370Z coupe replaced the 350Z in April 2009, with manual or automatic gearboxes. A soft-top 370Z Roadster arrived in March 2010. The motorsport-inspired GT Edition reached showrooms in May 2011, shortly before a revised 370Z appeared, with tweaked suspension, extra kit and improved refinement.

Further revisions in October 2012 brought a reprofiled front bumper, daytime running lights, more colours and optional 19-inch wheels. There were also two limited editions; the Black of spring 2010 and the Yellow of summer 2009.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/370z/62591/used-buyers-guide-nissan-370z#ixzz2wDVQN57j

the things I dont like :- the anorexic paint, the exhaust !! the exhaust allows too much engine noise when you push it hard and it sounds agricultural :surrender:

I know a good exhaust will fix this but there is too much choice out there ;)

Edited by GIXXERUK

The road noise issue is massively outweighed by the positives of owning a 370. I don't even notice it anymore cos I'm too busy enjoying the drive.

Be aware that the steering lock recall issue only applies to certain cars in to 2010. I seem to remember that my previous 370 was registered in June 2010 and on checking the VIN it was just outside the range of numbers that fell within the scope of the recall.

I'm not qualified to comment on the M3 as I've not driven one but if having a car that has good performance AND turns heads (In a good way) is a factor in your decision making, the 370 is a good choice.

The motorsport-inspired GT Edition

The 370z gt edition was a limited run in certain colours with a few tweeks, it's different to the 370z gt

If you google it will show the spec, iirc better sound proofing, illuminated entry guards, improved suspension, maybe reverse cam not entirely sure tbh, they have a decal along the bottom of the door etc with gt edition

But because it has the decal it doesn't mean it is a gt edition as these are available for £29.99 off eBay

Not 100% on this but I don't think they have the connect premium, a mate has a gt edition and his hasn't

Edited by GIXXERUK

The motorsport-inspired GT Edition

The 370z gt edition was a limited run in certain colours with a few tweeks, it's different to the 370z gt

If you google it will show the spec, iirc better sound proofing, illuminated entry guards, improved suspension, maybe reverse cam not entirely sure tbh, they have a decal along the bottom of the door etc with gt edition

But because it has the decal it doesn't mean it is a gt edition as these are available for £29.99 off eBay

Not 100% on this but I don't think they have the connect premium, a mate has a gt edition and his hasn't

And just to confuse matters, not all GT Editions have the decal on!

I'm not qualified to comment on the M3 as I've not driven one but if having a car that has good performance AND turns heads (In a good way) is a factor in your decision making, the 370 is a good choice.

I'm surprised just how much the zed does turn heads. Drove past around 20,000 Nottingham Forest fans at the weekend and they weren't half having a good look - so much so that I got a little paranoid and thought there was something wrong with the car. There wasn't - it just looks awesome. :D

I'm surprised just how much the zed does turn heads. Drove past around 20,000 Nottingham Forest fans at the weekend and they weren't half having a good look - so much so that I got a little paranoid and thought there was something wrong with the car. There wasn't - it just looks awesome. :D

Its true! they thought thats a funny looking 350z :p oh wait!

Only had my 370 a month but it definately gets more noticed than my Nismo kitted 350 got.

If I park it in public areas people will definitely stop look and even walk all the way round it to be nosey.

Connect premium sat nav should be on all GT cars from 2010 as standard and reversing sensors 2011 onwards.

The GT Edition cars do have suspension differences and slightly different cabin trim. These cars were May 2011 onwards and are hard to find.