Redex ??

Zhorno

Ran my car really low if fuel the other day, so was gunna run some redux through , after hearing on here only to use super unleaded thought I best check it's alright to use ....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right enough modern fuels contain some detergent etc anyways and the decent fuel we get in the uk means the additives shouldn't really do anything to gum up your system. Having said that, i still recommend the diesel alternatives to friends who's diesel cars are a bit choppy before trying anything else. The petrol one likely won't make much odds but it certainly won't help. If you feel like she has suffered a little from bein super low on fuel then getting the fuel running hard through the rails (ie higher revs) would be the first thing to try: might just clear her out without the investment and lower performance while running it through. Octane booster is another one: you don't get much of a gain on a high RON like shell nitro but it may just iron out any temporary/minor issues with the fuel

I'm fairly certain super unleaded contains all the necessary additives, I think redex has always been termed as snake-oil by those in the know, I'm sure someone more technical on here will substantiate that.

This has always been my understanding also

I'm fairly certain super unleaded contains all the necessary additives, I think redex has always been termed as snake-oil by those in the know, I'm sure someone more technical on here will substantiate that.

+2
  • Like 1

+2

+3

Redex has proven results dont include it with all those phoney performance additives. When building engines I used to soak my valves in redex and the old carbon just wipes off it

However as said "some" premium fuels contain redex type additives Shell Nitro for example

In the OP's case its really not required though, any detrimental effects of running low on fuel wont be fixed by adding Redex , it wont do any harm though

Ok no worrys just thought iv had the car 4 months and I ran it down to 6miles left in the tank , thought maybe I should put some in. It's not like bogging or anything was just a thought

Ok no worrys just thought iv had the car 4 months and I ran it down to 6miles left in the tank , thought maybe I should put some in. It's not like bogging or anything was just a thought

You'd still have about £5-£10 left in the tank. It goes on forever :lol: