Project 'Z'ena

Jimmy

Update:

I've managed to buy a Nismo V2 spoiler for 'Z'ena (Thanks to Matt - AliveBoy) and I've finally got it sprayed and fitted yesterday :).

I'm indecisive at the moment whether to keep this look or not as I'm not sure if it looks better with or without the Nismo V2 spoiler?

This is how 'Z'ena looks like now:

20140321_111024.jpg

20140321_111059.jpg

20140321_111134.jpg

20140321_111114.jpg

20140321_111142.jpg

20140321_111200.jpg

20140321_111227.jpg

20140321_111351.jpg

I would like to have your honest opinions :crutches:

Edited by Jimmy

It's not for me I'm afraid, I think it looks miles better with just the oem spoiler

I have a friend telling me that as well and deep down I know it's true. Maybe I will go back to oem spoiler again later on but only after having enjoyed the new spoiler :p

The car pulls its off no problem mate, doesn't look too much at all. I like it :thumbs:

Thanks buddy!

I remember when I was initially buying the car I said to myself it needs a more aggressive spoiler as the whole car has a nice body kit but the rear section looked empty when looking at it directly from the back, and to be honest with you the spoiler has kind of grown on me over the last 2 days! :D

I suppose I was used to seeing it with the oem spoiler for so long that any other spoiler would have looked strange to me.

I like it :-) Looks well but if you were to slap some 20inc rims on it would tone it down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your opinion mate :)

As it is I have 19" rims and I don't think I want to go any bigger, but I do see your point........then again we should never say never lol.

• Like 1

Its difficult with the V1 vs V2 spoiler. The V1 follows the lines of the rear lights, where as the V2 goes in the opposite direction , but at a similar angle. Iv never been able to decide what one id put on mine, but neither look bad. I like the look of your car, think it looks pretty aggresive, which is cool.

• Like 1

I would say that maybe look at re assembling your spoiler onto your boot though. As if you look at the where the V2 meets the standard spolier, you can see a gap. Not sure, but you maybe run the risk of the air getting under it and trying to pull the spolier off.

i like it, think it gets away with the spoiler

your eyes and our eyes are drawn to it as you say its new that's what we're looking at

look at the whole car and not focus on the spoiler, it all looks in proportion :teeth:B)

What you said is actually true. You've put my mind at ease now :D.

I've been following your build thread and to be honest I'm jealous of your colour lol. Blue has always been my favourite colour on cars.

I do want to lower 'Z'ena like your 350z but the speed humps are so bad here that I even had to change my tire profiles from 35 to 40 :wacko:.

Very nice looking 350z you have there buddy and your rims are very unique B).

Its difficult with the V1 vs V2 spoiler. The V1 follows the lines of the rear lights, where as the V2 goes in the opposite direction , but at a similar angle. Iv never been able to decide what one id put on mine, but neither look bad. I like the look of your car, think it looks pretty aggresive, which is cool.

Thanks pal, your comments are reassuring that I've made the right choice :hug:.

Yea I've been through that dilemma but felt the V2 best suits the look I wanted to achieve :).

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

I would say that maybe look at re assembling your spoiler onto your boot though. As if you look at the where the V2 meets the standard spolier, you can see a gap. Not sure, but you maybe run the risk of the air getting under it and trying to pull the spolier off.

I see what you're saying mate, that did concern me so I got the spoiler bolted on. Hopefully that eliminates the risk of the spoiler flying off? :unsure:

Edited by Jimmy

As promised...here are the videos of the stock exhaust with and without the resonator:

Stock exhaust with resonator

http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/topilaal/media/20140315_124627.mp4.html

Stock exhaust without resonator

http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/topilaal/media/20140316_141009.mp4.html

I do want to mention that the car does sound a bit raspy when it's started up from cold but once it's warmed up it sounds a lot better.......and the video doesn't do justice to the actual sound :lol:

• 11 months later...

Ok guys, it's been a very long time since I last updated this thread as last year was a super busy year for me!

You might remember how I changed the standard spoiler on 'Z'ena to a Nismo V2 spoiler and was very indecisive whether I liked it or not........well.........in the end I decided it wasn't for me! So the search for a different spoiler commenced :rolleyes:.

I really liked the look of a Blitz style spoiler, so without wasting any time I purchased one from RT-Performance. I had it sprayed and fitted at a body shop nearer to mine :dance:.

While I was at it I also purchased a Stubby aerial from Tarmac Sportz and replaced the factory aerial.

Here she is at the body shop:

20140329_110021.jpg

Here are some more pictures with the new spoiler fitted:

DSC_1399_zpsmb6jjfob.jpg

DSC_1401_zpsxckwdpr5.jpg

DSC_1411_zps7ny8dg4k.jpg

I am very pleased with the look of the new spoiler to say the least as I think it flows perfectly with the lines of 'Z'ena :happy:.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2

I think the V2 spoiler works better with the V2 front bumper, the V1 spoiler would have probably looked better with your V1-ish Aerosync front.

That said, the Blitz looks great and suits your car very, very well... All the exterior mods look great together, very tasteful :)

Edited by Cal

Looks real good! I'm not a big fan of the V2 spoiler unless you have the V2 bumper, needs that to pull it off in my opinion. The Blitz looks great, not so in your face B)

Edited by pjf1985

I think the V2 spoiler works better with the V2 front bumper, the V1 spoiler would have probably looked better with your V1-ish Aerosync front.

That said, the Blitz looks great and suits your car very, very well... All the exterior mods look great together, very tasteful :)

The V1 spoiler was my first choice but where it looked great from one angle it didn't look right from another, but that's just my opinion.

looks good, I would upgrade your lights though. they date the car a lot!

Haha, the front lights or the back lights?

Like that spoiler a lot. B)

Great choice. :thumbs:

Thanks buddy :)

Looks real good! I'm not a big fan of the V2 spoiler unless you have the V2 bumper, needs that to pull it off in my opinion. The Blitz looks great, not so in your face B)

Thanks buddy, I felt the same way and I couldn't have been happier :)

• Like 1