New member Surrey

You are only about 10 miles from me so if you fancy a little trip in a 370 to see what a it sounds like with a proper exhaust (the first thing you should buy as the stock exhaust is really disappointing) give me a shout.

Strangely I was just on another part of the site listening to exhaust sounds !! I was even clicking on the links and looking at costs. I have heard that the stock exhaust is disappointing, although neighbours may think otherwise. :)

Very kind offer. Once I get the car I will get back to you. It is going to be a long slow wait until July though.

The new red is available now, Magma, but I think this has an orange tint to it, which I am not so keen on.

The Magma in person is quite stunning, still red, but not, even if you're not an orange fan you may actually like it. Welcome to the forum, and which ever you colour you chose I'm sure you'll love it.

Just had my test drive cancelled as local garage has sold the demonstrator. Next one they can offer is not until April, and the current deal on GT's runs out at the end of March. I could probably get one from a London dealer, but it means taking a day off work in all probability.

I am tempted to buy without testing, as I have checked over the car a couple of times and love the looks, driving position etc. Am I taking a big risk, could I really hate the car when I drive it ? Reviews I have read seem to say it is a great drive, and the criticisms seem to be more about interior quality, space and visibility which I am fine with.

Any thoughts.

Also I am looking to buy factory mats, though they seem quite expensive. Are they good quality ? Also are the running plates (sorry can't remember the correct name for the life of me) that go on the sills worth investing into. ?

Chances of you hating the car when you drive it are minimal in my opinion. You already love the looks and if the driving position is good enough for you then You're on a winner. They are a joy to drive. I also have zero criticisms about the interior quality. Not sure what these 'critics' are expecting to find..... These are all my own opinions of course but I love mine. It's the best car I've ever owned bar none :D

It's a huge risk buying a car without test driving it. When I take a test drive I ensure I've got the car for a good period and test it on the motorway, main roads and the twisties to make sure it is what I want.

For the sake of a long drive to another dealer or waiting a few weeks to test the car I think it's worth it in case you regret forking out the money in the end.

As offered before I am happy to take you for a spin but that will only show you half the story.

Also zmanalex sells the official 370z mats at a far cheaper cost that nissan do, pm him.

Edited by Will370z

Welcome! Is there anyone on here who would let you drive theirs? Or find one for sale as local as possible and go for a drive. Have Aldershot nissan got any?

I'm in Camberley so not far from you...only a 350z tho, I'm afraid so can't be much help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Is there anyone on here who would let you drive theirs? Or find one for sale as local as possible and go for a drive. Have Aldershot nissan got any?

I'm in Camberley so not far from you...only a 350z tho, I'm afraid so can't be much help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is the Aldershot garage that have just sold their demonstrator.

I will look into sorting out a test drive in London. At the moment I am driving my wife's Honda Jazz, as I have given my daughter my Alfa. I have a feeling the 370 might feel a little different. :)

Thanks for the offer Will, but I am not sure I would be a good passenger !!!

Very frustrating, but hopefully will get something sorted.

Quick update. Deposit paid and car due for delivery 23 March !! My dealer friend managed to get one from another garage showroom in the right colour, midnight blue. He got me a great deal, which was too good to turn down. Having prepared myself to wait until July, I am now rather excited. :)

• Like 2

I was originally on the look out for a black zed, but the midnight blue came up at a good price so I went for it.

When the sun hits it you see all the blue sparkly bits, and when the light fades around dusk, it turns a deep navy blue almost black.

I think it looks fantastic in the subdued light, especially after its been waxed.

I hope you are pleased with it when you finally take delivery :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from picking the car up.

Can't get the smile off my face. :D Looking forward to spending this evening reading through all the paperwork. Still not sure the golf clubs will go in the back. :blush:

The colour is superb, although having driven home in the rain I will have to clean the car tomorrow. ;)

i will try and get my daughter to put some photos up.

Hi & welcome

Congrats on your purchase

Did you go for a manual or auto

Look forward to pics :)

I went for the manual. I will need to clean it before any photos though. I know how immaculate everyone's cars are on here. B)

Just got back from picking the car up.

Can't get the smile off my face. :DLooking forward to spending this evening reading through all the paperwork. Still not sure the golf clubs will go in the back. :blush:

The colour is superb, although having driven home in the rain I will have to clean the car tomorrow. ;)

i will try and get my daughter to put some photos up.

Great news. :yahoo:

Glad you're pleased and I did exactly the same when I got my 350 ~ spent the entire evening organizing & reading through the paperwork. :lol:

Photobucket is great for uploading pictures/videos and it's free to join. http://s273.photobucket.com/

Have you cleaned it yet? :stir::D

I feel slightly embarrassed knowing it is in the garage dirty. Unfortunately it was so cold and wet when I got it back home, and it had been a four hour drive to and from the garage, I couldn't face any cleaning.

It was a tight squeeze getting into the garage. Car is a fair bit wider than my old Alfa, though not as long. I can see I am going to have to be careful to avoid any scrapes. :scare:

First impressions are that it is a keeper. :lol:

• Like 1