What do people think of the R34 gtt?

parello9

Just randomly browsing through ebay and noticed this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-SKYLINE-2-5-SINGLE-TURBO-2DR-RARE-R34-GTST-FULL-SERVICE-HISTORY-/111254544669?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19e749a11d

I really do like that in black and its sub 10k and the price triple's if you look at r34 gtr's £30k

Anyone on here owned one? what they like overall? shame they are rather old now though

Absolutely love one! Just couldn't bring myself to smash it up drifting it :lol:

Haha! just dont drift it :stir:

they do look nice though and you dont see many on the roads

Too tempting, at least with the Z I can repair it fairly easily! Parts aren't hard to come buy so it can all be done properly, with that beauty parts are rare and inevitably compromises would have to be made. Wouldn't mind it's engine though :thumbs:

Absolutely love one! Just couldn't bring myself to smash it up drifting it :lol:

Too tempting, at least with the Z I can repair it fairly easily! Parts aren't hard to come buy so it can all be done properly, with that beauty parts are rare and inevitably compromises would have to be made. Wouldn't mind it's engine though :thumbs:

that's true didn't think of that really... seeing as we're talking in here why arnt you getting that Megan BGW? i thought you'd be opting for it first lol?

Decent enough price for a manual, tip-tronics are in and around the £7k mark. There was a guy in Devon I was speaking to who was selling his R34 with Tip for £5500.

Also wouldn't get too hung up on GTR vs GTT, there is some horsepower difference but other than that you are looking at AWD vs RWD on the Skyline forums quite a few people went the route of GTT to GTR then switched back again due to missing the fun factor. You would have no problem boosting a GTT up to 500bhp but then again how often would you use that on the road?

Loads of parts available from what I have seen, just type skyline into ebay and see for yourself, moreso than the Zed - quite a lot of people break their cars rather than try and sell so also a load of threads on the forums where you can snap up used parts - I got some 400r side skirts yesterday for £75 :)

There are lots of well established traders on the Skyline forums - its also nice to pay half the price for exhaust parts like sports cats ;):lol:

Like anything, do your reading, know what to look out for and you can get a car that although is approaching 15-20 years old still looks modern - ageing hasn't been a problem!

• Like 1

that's true didn't think of that really... seeing as we're talking in here why arnt you getting that Megan BGW? i thought you'd be opting for it first lol?

I want the Japspeed one :lol: And I can't really afford it, got a wedding to pay for this year, being good and all that :)

Coldel has pretty much covered everything. You can tell he's been researching skylines lately :lol:

The interior is much more modern than a 33

Only thing with the 34 gtt is I think it needs modifying. Same with the non gtr 33s- I think they lack the aggression of the gtrs and need a kit to stand out. That's just me though- one of the max power generation :lol:

Edited by LRF4N

R34gtt? The wife has one. Imported it from Japan ourselves 6 years ago.She loves it, and has not let her down since we bought it. She choosepost-16864-0-20287400-1393849831_thumb.jpg the colour not me . Only trouble we've had is when we had to wait for 6 weeks for a new bumper to come from Japan after getting rear ended.Not really modified apart from exhaust,air filter,lowering springs and wheels.She won't let me mess with it after going thro 3 engines in my last car (evo 5) in my need for more power.lol

Excuse my ignorance here but is the only difference between the GTT and the GTR the fact that the GTR is AWD ??

Pretty much, power figure is down a bit too. Looks wise the bodykit is less aggressive and the spoiler is different. Interior is a touch less plush and there's a few less gadgets to play with. Nothing major though.

• Like 1

Im glad you lot especially coldel know your stuff on these cars

I really do like r34's but always thought if i ever got a Skyline it would have to be a gtr! but spose its just the badge i want :lol: (best of the best)

Really like that yellow one though but can say the black one is very nice!!

Decent enough price for a manual, tip-tronics are in and around the £7k mark. There was a guy in Devon I was speaking to who was selling his R34 with Tip for £5500.

Also wouldn't get too hung up on GTR vs GTT, there is some horsepower difference but other than that you are looking at AWD vs RWD on the Skyline forums quite a few people went the route of GTT to GTR then switched back again due to missing the fun factor. You would have no problem boosting a GTT up to 500bhp but then again how often would you use that on the road?

Loads of parts available from what I have seen, just type skyline into ebay and see for yourself, moreso than the Zed - quite a lot of people break their cars rather than try and sell so also a load of threads on the forums where you can snap up used parts - I got some 400r side skirts yesterday for £75 :)

There are lots of well established traders on the Skyline forums - its also nice to pay half the price for exhaust parts like sports cats ;):lol:

Like anything, do your reading, know what to look out for and you can get a car that although is approaching 15-20 years old still looks modern - ageing hasn't been a problem!

Thanks for that post as said above but how come you went for a r33 then? what forums do you use for the skyline seems to be a few?

It was a fair bit cheaper for an R33 :lol: I also didnt want a Tiptronic so would have been paying an extra £3k or more for a manual R34 (and not a good one at that as that is bottom money for a manual R34 whereas my R33 was good money for a good one), this is also money I would prefer to spend on modifications. I also prefer the styling of the R33 to the R34, the R34 looks a bit pointy and sharp edges whereas the R33 is rounder and appears more muscular - personal preference really in that respect.

I really thought I was buying the little brother of the GTR when getting the GTST and had that same thought that I wasn't getting the 'real deal' but having put my foot down in my almost standard R33 GTST with 280bhp it certainly shifts. The real advantage with these cars is that for relatively small investments you can really push up the power, if you need it.

There are a few Skyline forums, the most popular by far is skylineowners.com though

It was a fair bit cheaper for an R33 :lol: I also didnt want a Tiptronic so would have been paying an extra £3k or more for a manual R34 (and not a good one at that as that is bottom money for a manual R34 whereas my R33 was good money for a good one), this is also money I would prefer to spend on modifications. I also prefer the styling of the R33 to the R34, the R34 looks a bit pointy and sharp edges whereas the R33 is rounder and appears more muscular - personal preference really in that respect.

I really thought I was buying the little brother of the GTR when getting the GTST and had that same thought that I wasn't getting the 'real deal' but having put my foot down in my almost standard R33 GTST with 280bhp it certainly shifts. The real advantage with these cars is that for relatively small investments you can really push up the power, if you need it.

There are a few Skyline forums, the most popular by far is skylineowners.com though

Yeh ive always thought one day i would get some sort of GTR

Then like i said i saw that black gtt and thought its very pretty and manual too B)

I've personally always preferred the r34 over all skylines but like you say personal preference

one main thing i like is the ease of tuning them though and how they still look good being like what a 1998 car

But

I luv my 350z though and the v6 grunt is beautiful :blush:B)

Sold mine back in November , got £9600 for it and it was tiptronic so well loved examples do fetch good money. Mine was pretty much as it left the showroom , a nice lot of options ticked and just a set of rotas and some lowering springs

715400f7fb0e3408faf1fd46337f9bea_zpscb19134f.jpg

IMG_3408_Wall_zpsccd55fa0.jpg

P1000295_zps63f1abe4.jpg

Mine was stage one and ran about 300-320hp or so , returned 23mpg on a run and was a great car . The tiptronics are fab very underrated by those that have driven a few Skylines but some just dont like autos hence they are cheaper. Was quicker than my 350z HR but the 370 is a little quicker , neither feel anywhere near as fast thanks to the turbo shove of the Skyline but the handling isnt a patch on the zed, you need your wits about you

The GTT has the RB25neo which imo is the best RB engine Nissan ever made , unlike the RB26 the RB25 was continually developed and improved , the neo uses a few RB26 parts like rod and crank and is a strong motor

Parts are easily available and worst scenario is a 2 week or so wait from Japan. Trim stuff is getting harder to source though

But these are 15 years old or so

Love the R34, one of my favourite cars. Would get one but can't get it insured. I reckon a GTT needs a GTR body kit though, looks weird from the sides/ front.

Also the ad looks pretty legit but the guy only has 1 feedback score? Perhaps new account due to bad feedback?

Nothing worse than a wannabe though , if you want a GTR, save up and buy one , making a GTT look like one is lame but mine did have Nismo bumpers and skirts which were a factory option

Some people prefer the rwd ones for real world driving , they feel a bit livelier imo

Nothing worse than a wannabe though , if you want a GTR, save up and buy one , making a GTT look like one is lame but mine did have Nismo bumpers and skirts which were a factory option

Some people prefer the rwd ones for real world driving , they feel a bit livelier imo

That's true. I think as long as they don't stick the GTR badge on though it is okay.