Tough day to love the Zed...

The Trouser

Just picked up my Zed today after it being two days on the body-shop have a rust spot repaired.

Picked it up and had a quick look to see it the rust spot had gone - it had. Horraah!

Went shopping and decided to take a closer look at the rust spot repair after I'd parked up - ran a wet finger over the repair and though "that's feels a bit lumpy" - and what are all these white marks?

Took it back to the Nissan dealer who did the repair and who said - "No that's not right, there's some crap that's got under lacquer - we'll book it in and respray it for you".

So I'm happy with that - he's not tried to fob me off with some old pony and has agreed to re-do the work.

Then I drove home only to find that my drivers side window motor has packed up - no click, no nothing (my passengers side window motor is the same and is on my to-do list)

Damn! If only I didn't love this car some damn much :D

Approaching 100K - anyone else find things like this happening?

I've had the same with a rust spot and my passenger door window has never dropped on opening since I've had it (3 plus years) but works fine otherwise . Never caused a problem to me. On 106k now with no problems! Don't worry. :)

Edited by ZEUS

Not teaching you to suck eggs or anything but are you sure you've not locked the windows? I accidentally done it the other day, started having a bitch fit wondering why my windows wouldn't open and then thought 'ohhhh, yeah...' *click*... Fresh air!

And I've had the car for like 2 years... :lol:

I'm creeping up to 120K and yeah - windows are a PITA!! If you have the time, try stripping the motor and cleaning the contacts - (search the guides, it's in there somewhere) - that can get a bit more life out of them, but depnding on the condition might be time for a replacement motor.

Has to be said though... 120K and the only mechanical issue I have is oil in the spark plug apeture so am replacing the rocker cover. Other than that, she's absolutely solid. (oh - apart from them bloody boot struts... replaced 'em today!)

Do you mind me asking what they charged for the rust spot repair - I have that too!

:)