Flat Batt after Hol

Dicky

Went on hol for 2wks leaving the alarm system on. Came back to a flat battery. As it happens I totally forgot about disconnecting the negative before I left. I know the battery drain when standing with the alarm on is approx 0.7A which means on a new batt (which is a 52A/Hr) it would only last for about 3days.

But it's got me wondering how should you prepare the Z when going on hol.

Anyone looked into this?

Garage is and disconnect the battery that's my choice. But if you don't have a garage that's out of the window.

On my RX-7 I have a treacle charger about 10-15 pounds from maplins.

It keeps the battery at constant voltage instead of draining via alarm etc.

However good battery should not have any issues even with alarm for couple of weeks.

Edited by Almeida1234
  • Like 1

Garage is and disconnect the battery that's my choice. But if you don't have a garage that's out of the window.

However good battery should not have any issues even with alarm for couple of weeks.

Is your battery charger sticky? :lol:

• Like 2

Is your battery charger sticky? :lol:

:lol:

Is this the charger you got from Maplins Almeida? ;) ;) :D

GoldenSyrup.jpg

Seriously though a trickle charger is the way to go as Almeida meant ~ my mate has one for his Subaru which is rarely driven & it starts first time, every time. ;)

Take your point about the batt charger but not the couple of weeks. Mind you I would have thought the same thinking the current drain would have been a lot less than it is.

As I said above its a 52A/hr batt so if the car's taking 0.7 A then it only lasts 52/0.7 ie 72hrs and then it's flat. The trickle charger sounds like a fix but Not sure how the insurance company would view it if it caught fire and burnt the house down?

• 2 weeks later...