Fitting sat nav into non sat nav cars

5HEDZ

Hi folks

Wondering if the cars supplied without sat nav still have the wiring looms fitted so making it possible to instal the nissan nav system(if you find one)

I found on my disco 3 this was the case so it made it pretty easy, wondered if the z is the same.

TBH I think you would be better off putting an aftermarket double DIN with SatNav for the price it would cost you to source all the parts needed.

You will then end up with a much better HU and Nav :thumbs:

+1 we are talking 350 and the bird view ? Def not a great hu and def better aftermarket hu

poking around in my car I could not find any wiring for the sat nav. Additionally the head unit harness has the wires missing for the NAV trigger and voice...

The pins on the headunit do however work as they should

Edited by psion

Interesting, in terms of an aftermarket double DIN, does anyone have any recommendations on where to get one fitted for a good price? (around midlands area if possible)

Also interested, and also in the Midlands :) Any recommendations as previously mentioned would be welcome :)

Edited by Mike

I have the sat nav in my car as it's the gt but I never use it. The remote is awkward and I'm never confident it will get me there as it sounds like something from the 80s! Lol along with the tape deck!

Is there an update disc for the factory satnav? I've got the same in mine and sometimes it doesn't find a road I'm putting in. Other than that I've not had any problems with it getting me to my destination

Is there an update disc for the factory satnav? I've got the same in mine and sometimes it doesn't find a road I'm putting in. Other than that I've not had any problems with it getting me to my destination

Only for the DVD version which I think is 2005 onwards. Nissan will charge you a not so small fortune for the latest version but you can get it from online sellers at a decent price. Just double check you get the right version.

Pete

Hi folks

Wondering if the cars supplied without sat nav still have the wiring looms fitted so making it possible to instal the nissan nav system(if you find one)

I believe the SatNav's were fitted in the factory and weren't a dealer option so I don't think they can be retro fitted without a lot of work TBH.

Pete

Only for the DVD version which I think is 2005 onwards. Nissan will charge you a not so small fortune for the latest version but you can get it from online sellers at a decent price. Just double check you get the right version.

Pete

Thanks Pete, mine is a 2008 and I've got the DVD version behind the drivers seat. Do you know of any online sellers where I can get this from?