Nissan 350z 2006-2007 wanted

japcarsbrett

Hi, I have been looking into buying a 350z for some time and have recently sold my car I had, I have got the cash I need for a nice 350z I'm looking for the 2006 or 2007 model of the 350z the uprev model.

I'm looking for the Orange colour (Preferably with the orange leather if not that's not a major issue) Or the car in Blue without the orange leather though lol, also it must have leather seats which are the electric seats ( I love leather seats :) ). Max millage 70,000 miles. I'm not after the import version just the uk spec. Also the car must be original as I only like the original look no extras bumpers etc :).

I'm looking to spend £7500 Max

As I have been looking for the 350z's for sometime and I see them come up at this price with that mileage quite often in top notch condition, of which I just missed buying one this week with 60,000 miles in the orange with all the extras for £6500 went and sold too quick but that wont happen! Now I have sold my car I'm ready to go buy one with cash in hand.

Thanks

Brett

Edited by japcarsbrett

Hi, Martin thanks for your reply, your zed looks really nice but I'm after the facelift model 2006 or 2007 year.

Thanks and GLWTS :)

The revup model is known is use oil. Personally it would be DE or HR for me as the revup isnt worth the extra worry/tax!

yeah i have heard of this but then again when i have read up about this it also said the older models had the same issues too and a lot of the 03-04 where recalled because of that, and they are getting a lot older now. But I'm very cautions with my cars, all the cars i have had i always check the oil and water often like a few times a week just to be safe. I know the tax is higher but i prefer the look of the front on the facelift model and the minor interior changes as well.

• Like 1

Exactly i mean to be fair i know the rev-up ones do use there oil but that is the year/model i'm after. Plus like i said i always check the oil so i'll just have to be even more cautions then i am already :)

I did read that they did have oil issues on the earlier ones perhaps not many in that case but i have heard of it, and most cars these days do as they are set up like it just some use more than others.

Shame you want the sunset colour version.

sorry lol, though I'm after the blue as well, is that black zed yours on your profile picture? Looks nice

I think Lacky might be selling his mint 2006 zed this month :thumbs:

Nice one, Do you know what colour it is?

:welcome: to the forum.

Your budget is pretty tight for a mint GT, revup in Azure or Sunset with less than 70k - but good luck to you :thumbs:

Hi Thanks,

Not necessarily, I do see them pop up with that price and less quite often, just I had my car at the time so I wasn't looking to buy, I missed one for sale down in Penzance last week which was the sunset with all the extras and that sold for £6900 in the end, and it only had 60,000 miles on it and it was mint, so they do come up in the blue or orange but then they don't stay on sale for long but now i have cash in my hand ready i wont miss another :), I'm not in a rush to buy so I'm sure one will pop up like that one last week sooner or later, might get someone looking for a quick sale :)

sorry lol, though I'm after the blue as well, is that black zed yours on your profile picture? Looks nice

Thanks Brett, yep that is mine, still wondering whether to sell it or not.Just moved over to Germany full time, Snow can be an issue in the Eifel so thinking about a Nissmo Duke or something a bit taller.lol

Your budget is pretty tight for a mint GT, revup in Azure or Sunset with less than 70k - but good luck to you :thumbs:

Hi Thanks,

Not necessarily, I do see them pop up with that price and less quite often, just I had my car at the time so I wasn't looking to buy, I missed one for sale down in Penzance last week which was the sunset with all the extras and that sold for £6900 in the end, and it only had 60,000 miles on it and it was mint, so they do come up in the blue or orange but then they don't stay on sale for long but now i have cash in my hand ready i wont miss another :), I'm not in a rush to buy so I'm sure one will pop up like that one last week sooner or later, might get someone looking for a quick sale :)

Thanks Brett, yep that is mine, still wondering whether to sell it or not.Just moved over to Germany full time, Snow can be an issue in the Eifel so thinking about a Nissmo Duke or something a bit taller.lol

Haha Yeah i think you need something a bit taller too the front of a 350z would be like a snow plow lol

Hi Thanks,

Lacky's is black. Very good car :thumbs:

Ah right shame as i'm not really after black, sorry to anyone who has a black zed but it just isn't the colour i'm looking for in a zed.

No Worries I also always know what i'm after when looking for a car.

Never heard about the oil issues with the earlier pre rev-up cars though. :teeth:

yes it is true I've got a 2006 rev up GT roadster and it loves oil :-) but I just keep checking it I wish I would off put more cash up and got a HR model . But I still love my car just need to check and top up ever 1000miles with 1 Lt . The problem could happen to any rev up manual from 2005 plus nissan never fixed it just changed the engine to the HR .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Worries I also always know what i'm after when looking for a car.

Never heard about the oil issues with the earlier pre rev-up cars though. :teeth:

yes it is true I've got a 2006 rev up GT roadster and it loves oil :-) but I just keep checking it I wish I would off put more cash up and got a HR model . But I still love my car just need to check and top up ever 1000miles with 1 Lt . The problem could happen to any rev up manual from 2005 plus nissan never fixed it just changed the engine to the HR .

That's true i did read that, then again i check my oil most days of the week, but i did read somewhere on here someone saying that if your rev up uses i can't remember how much oil (but alot) in so many miles then they will either replace the engine if it's still under warranty or they will replace the piston rings as that was the problem with them that the oil bypassed that pistons rings IIRC.

I have had my thoughts on buying a mint 2004 blue 350z with 62,000 miles with all extras and GT pack including cruise control, but he wants £7500 for it and may not budge on it and that is just as expensive as the rev-up, obviously more people are buying the older one's due to the tax and the fact they don't use oil. But really the main reasons i'm after the rev-up is for it's interior upgraged's (not much i know) but also the lights on the front and back, the gearbox is meant to be much quieter and the clutch is meant to be better, and gear changes smoother but i had my douts about worrying about all that and buying the blue 2004 zed i seen for sale :rolleyes:

The blue tends to hold the value better 7.5 is right at the top price bracket I think.. Are you after a private or trade seller? All the points on the face lift model are what made me get one as well . And as fare as nissan changing any parts off the engine that's a myth :-) yep I've read rocker cover piston rings can sort it out but I don't no anyone that has fixed the problem in person .. But it is still a really lovely car and I've had it 2.5 years and still love it :-)

Yeah i see the blue and orange do hold there price more, colour makes all the difference, i think he is asking alot as it has been up for sale a long time and he won't budge on the price he's a bit far away from me to go all the way there try to knock him down a bit with cash in his face lol he probably wouldn't say no but if he still says no i'll be paying all that then i'll come on here and someone will offer me a rev-up for that price :lol: so i think i'm just gonna wait it out for the right rev-up one to come along. Well I'm looking at private or trade doesn't bother me which ever car is best but the 350z i'm talking about is a private seller. Yeah they do seem really good cars I love my Japanese car's I've owned nothing but Japanese cars for over 6 years now i swear by them, all car's have there faults but if i get the rev-up it won't bother me if it uses oil as that is how that engine is and i'm aware of it so i'll just keep a close eye on it :teeth:

• Like 1

don't be too worried about the rev up using oil, mines done 130k miles and still sweet hasn't been burning any oil.

That's good to know i knew there 350z rev-up ones that don't burn oil just some do, thanks for that though it has made me want the rev-up even more now :)

I think you will struggle to find a good 06/07 with that mileage for under £7500. I've just bought another zed after a few years away from one and I looked at quite a few and they were disappointing. Depends how picky you are. In the end I increased my budget and bought an 08 GT 313 and I love it. The bonnet is beautiful and worth the extra spend, in my opinion.