looking to buy a Zed

Dan350

just looking to see what different replies i get, im looking to buy a Zed within the next month or so (350), (i know people say if your worried about MPG buy a diesel) but thats not the case at all... lol MPG is not a worry im just curious to see what they get on an average.

My weekly commute is pretty much all motorway driving (around 200 miles a week) to stansted airport, and i know mpg figures online are never entirely accurate to real world MPG.

So... if youd all be so kind :))) what kinda motorway mpg have you lot seen in your zeds? thanks :)

Edited by Dan350

hey mate, 33?? thats pretty impressive to be honest, would be well happy to get that, i barely do any town driving so would 95% be motorway driving for me with the occasional blast at the weekend. Im based near brentwood (essex), yourself?

This question has been asked once or twice, the consensus is that the Zed will get better MPG than the book says, especially on motorways with cruise control. Mid to high 30's is possible.

HIGH 30s? that seems optimistic, does your commute involve a long downhill section?!?

my commute is also 90% motorway, 200 miles a week. i'm normally cruising at 75-80 (same as everyone else on the M40) and average 28mpg.

I live about 1/4 mile from work but still drive as I'm fat and lazy. This kind of trip where the car is only running for 5 minutes at a time gives me HORRENDOUS Mpg. Probably 18 maximum. On a run the car seems to do well though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

hey mate, 33?? thats pretty impressive to be honest, would be well happy to get that, i barely do any town driving so would 95% be motorway driving for me with the occasional blast at the weekend. Im based near brentwood (essex), yourself?

Yeah will motorway driving you should be easily achieving within the 30's mate. Nice to see another Essex person in the community. I'm based in Barkingside near Ilford so not too far from you!

This question has been asked once or twice, the consensus is that the Zed will get better MPG than the book says, especially on motorways with cruise control. Mid to high 30's is possible.

HIGH 30s? that seems optimistic, does your commute involve a long downhill section?!?

my commute is also 90% motorway, 200 miles a week. i'm normally cruising at 75-80 (same as everyone else on the M40) and average 28mpg.

My commute involves sitting in the passenger seat of a 1 series, so I get mid to high millions of MPG :lol:

35, 36, 37, 38 is very possible on motorways if you don't have to slow down and speed up again.