Whats the fastest you havnt done?

Zedrush

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

166 mph on the way back from a track day according to the speedo...It was 100 rpm shy of the rev limiter (7200) in 6th, though I have a 3.9 final drive in my car.

Funny story actually - was with a few friends driving back from a day at the track. Me in my Z, a good friend in his supercharged Corrado VR6, another in a Gokf R32 and finally one other friend in his Jetta 1.8T (K04, etc). We begin inching up and up in speed, then slowing back down as traffic builds. We then see some lights behind us..and all of us slow down to a coast of around 80 mph. The car turns out to be a black Crown Victoria, which here in the states is usually driven by detectives, FBI, etc. He pulls next to me, beeps, motions be to keep the speed down (just motioning his hands downward) and takes off :) I thought for sure we were in for it, and we immediately all called each other to say how scared we all were.

That was the fastest I've ever gone on road, and in retrospect, as fun as it was, I never will go that fast again...my heard literally sunk into my stomach when I saw the lights

166 mph on the way back from a track day according to the speedo...It was 100 rpm shy of the rev limiter (7200) in 6th, though I have a 3.9 final drive in my car.

Funny story actually - was with a few friends driving back from a day at the track. Me in my Z, a good friend in his supercharged Corrado VR6, another in a Gokf R32 and finally one other friend in his Jetta 1.8T (K04, etc). We begin inching up and up in speed, then slowing back down as traffic builds. We then see some lights behind us..and all of us slow down to a coast of around 80 mph. The car turns out to be a black Crown Victoria, which here in the states is usually driven by detectives, FBI, etc. He pulls next to me, beeps, motions be to keep the speed down (just motioning his hands downward) and takes off :) I thought for sure we were in for it, and we immediately all called each other to say how scared we all were.

That was the fastest I've ever gone on road, and in retrospect, as fun as it was, I never will go that fast again...my heard literally sunk into my stomach when I saw the lights

ha ha ..... class! Good story and nice to see a nice telling off, rather than points/fines/ban etc!

So seeing as your limits are normally lower than ours, what was the limits on the roads you were doing your 166mph on! ? ;)

I (havent) seen the limiter at 155mph :dry::teeth:

Thats good to know! :teeth: .

I heard he used to redline it all the time. Especially when cold. And never checked the oil or water levels. And ran it on 95 ron petrol :teeth:

HAha, Liam play nice! You know i never did that as i am as anal as can be with warming up a car, i have an MG before remember. lol. Ayesha likes a good run now and then to get the cobwebs off her, its good to know she "cant" hit it though ;)

Biggest number that I didn't see on my CBR speedo was 169mph...but it was downgeared, so in reality, it was only 70mph (not x2-ish). ;)

I also haven't managed to get from Reading to Bristol in 30 minutes...

Reading to Bristol in 30mins :scare::scare::scare::scare: how didnt you manage that?

Not at 3am in the morning, and not on a Honda Fireblade... :nono:

And not 3 inches shorter when you got there by not breaking the time continuum.