Hard to get into gear :(

ersen.o

Hey guys, had my Stage 2 competition cluth and light fly fitted few months ago, all was good but lately i cant get it into gear when i'm at standstill at the lights! i literately have to force it in, but then when its in i can change gears with my fingertip

- When the car is off the gears go in like clockwork

- I checked that little spinny thing under the clutch peddle to adjust the height and i have like 1.5-2 threads on it so that's not worth adjusting? as the gears actually go in well when its going well?

- When i had the gear gaitor surround off i could hear the clutch engaging and disengaging (little gearbox whine?) way before the clutch was touching the floor, does this maybe rule out that my clutch is engaging perfectly fine?

- I get no grinding noises when changing gears

please help as its driving me mad

its a 2007 313 HR

thanks

I think it's just cold mate. I have the same problems sometimes going into first like you, but when every things heated up (engine oil, gearbox oil etc) it seems to work just fine. Did you change the fluids at the same time?

IT happens as it warms up too :( ive read alot of threads on my350z and a few people mentioned fluid? i had the fluids changed at the time but im not sure what they put in there! is there any suggestions on what i should use and if the wrong fluid is used would it cause this problem?

thx for helping btw

IT happens as it warms up too :( ive read alot of threads on my350z and a few people mentioned fluid? i had the fluids changed at the time but im not sure what they put in there! is there any suggestions on what i should use and if the wrong fluid is used would it cause this problem?

thx for helping btw

I would suggest getting genuine Nissan gearbox oil from Clarks with a tube of Molyslip and try that first :thumbs:

Mine also has it in but with a premium castrol gearbox oil...

Everyone says the nissan oil is a much better quality, i have 3 ltrs of nissan box oil and a tube of moly to swap into mine as mine is impossible when cold..

Will let you know how i get on

Edited by peteman35

If you are not sure whats in there is would be best to change it for the correct genuine Nissan gear oil http://www.clarkmotorsport.co.uk/parts/MT-XY-75W/85-Gear-Oil/1-Litre/KE916-99931+1L

As others have said Molyslip can really help http://www.clarkmotorsport.co.uk/parts/Molyslip-Gearbox-Protector/65-ml/GM6RA

All in stock :)

Might have todo this, but what if i change it all and it doesnt work and gearbox needs to come out, do it have to do it all again? lol

is there anyway i can check the transmission oil level? and OllyB said bleed the clutch system is this a good idea first?

thanks for all the help guys

I would be pulling the gaitor back and checking there's nothing damaged behind it first

Also rev the engine slightly when you try to engage first gear, does it help ?

I would have thought if was oil/molyslip required it would feel heavier/stiffer in all gears( worst in 1st)

Also try pumping the clutch pedal a few times before engaging, does that help ?

Food for thought

Paul

Ps. Gearbox does not need to be drained for removal

On all cars I've worked on the filling point is the level I.e. when it starts to come out - its full :thumbs:

Has the biting point of the clutch pedal altered ?

and it's hard not heard :thumbs::doh:

Edited by GIXXERUK