Engine Bay Bolts (Group Buy #1 - Now Closed)

Paddy78

• 3 weeks later...

I've been struggling with this a bit today...

I've got a DE, all fine up until the following

Bolts 14 and 21, seem to be far far too long, I tried several times on both and got to the point where I wasn't prepared to force them in so have left them for now, can anyone else can tell me if they've managed okay (I don't have a plenum spacer of any sort).

Bolts 15 and 16 will require the use of an allen key as there's not much in the way of room to screw them down.

Bolt 20, the head of the existing bolt sheared off this morning and although I disconnected the coolant bottle to try and get some leverage of what was left of the bolt from the other side, it seems to go through a nut of some sort and I've broken three drill bits trying to drill it out, again have no choice but to try again later.

Bolt 19 is a pig to get to, be very careful you don't drop it which is what happened to me, so I'll have to remove the undertray to get to it before the car comes back out of the garage (it's been sorn since last September).

Really pleased with the way it's looking so far,didn't realise quite how long it would take though!!

Edited by sloutrou

Collected mine from Royal Mail office this morning, printed off the pics as a guide.

With a nice weekend weather being forecast this might see me buried in the engine bay (as always much to the amusement of my fellow apartment dwellers) OR I could wait a couple of weeks until I move when I will have a nice double bay undergound parking area at my new apartment...

Either way looks line fun time and give my engine bay an early spring spruce up (now that I have my plenum and cam covers all blinged up!).

David

Guys,

Sorry... only just seen the recent posts in here! I'm without my car at the moment so can't check the bolt lengths. I'll sort no.14 out for you all and will investigate no.21 as this should be identical to the other plenum bolts?