New Zed in 2016

Level 7 Boss

Great debate in here and some really interesting model history Nissan n00bs.

It's crazy how cheap 8's are. Friend of mine was toying with the idea of getting a blown/damaged engine one taking it straight to a rebuilder and getting it built up from the off.

By the time he did all the sums £3000 would have got him a sorted motor with a good warranty.

Please don’t make the same mistake like the 300zx… i´m sorry it’s a beautiful car but it has no Z charisma.

If you look at the fisrt Z and excluding the ZX of course they have all the same characteristics, and that is the Z charisma.

The biggest problem is the weight and i´m not in favor of the downsizing of the engine.

The Z has to look like a supersportscar for the non rich people. Period.

:boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

I was frustrated by the fact you can't drive it 5feet to move it out the way at work, without leaving it running for a few minutes for the fact if would flood.

There cheap for a reason. Badddddd car.

I will admit i used to get very paranoid about starting the Rx7 and just moving it for example and it was frustrating, but its just the nature of the beast with rotaries which i was prepared to put up with as the prons outweighed the cons.

I dont think the Rx8 is a bad car at all, if they are/were given a bit of tlc when new they will go on and on, i think the problem was probably more to do with the salesmen not making buyers aware of what the engine was all about, i think most people thought you could just drive them till the service intervals without a care. I do think Mazda shot themselves in the foot though with the reputation of the rotary, which wasnt that good anyway! Had the renesis rotary been a good one i reckon we would have seen a new Rx7 by now, but who would buy a rotary powered car now, unless it carried a very long guarantee!

If the photos of the new Supra/FT1 are anything to go by, the new Zed is going to have to be something special.

toyotaft1_zps4cd65a34.jpg

Yes that new Toyota is a serious looker!

As for the zx not having cariamas or supercar looks, I'd have to disagree. The 280 and z31 300 are very chips American looking.

If you look at them all side by side they all actually mirror together very well.

I honestly don't think any z has looked like a super car. (Another subjective term,what is a supercar?)

The 280zx is the ugly duckling. Obviously I'm biased in my opinion that the z32 is the best looker, hence why I've got one. I'm a sucker for a 240 though.

Have you read this article?

jalopnik.com/nissan-is-probably-cooking-up-a-new-turbo-z-1504981955

As long as it is rear wheel drive, has a good chassis (as good as the 350Z), a good gear box, is comfortable and has decent amount of torque and power then I'm all for it! If it can do the GT thing and be sporty at the same time, as they've done with the 350 - then it's all good.

Edited by wmr1980