Forza Motorsport 5 350Z-UK Championship

Ekona

Sorry, just so I understand what is going on here, have you purposely put me in 3rd in place or is that a mistake ??

I put off playing with my mates to take part in this, I won’t bother if it’s not taken seriously or if I’m not welcome (part of the gang).

I was rushing so I could keep it updated, and all I did was c+p your time across. I didn't check if it was faster than the guy above, so please accept my humble apologies for this heinous error. I'll update it now.

Going forward, it would probably be easier if we updated this ourselves via quotes. Just c+p the lap times (don't need the GTs as they can stay on the first page as reference), and then I'll update them once a week or so. The current times to aim for would then be the ones that the guy before you has posted IYSWIM.

Also, anyone game for a special challenge, if I set one up? i.e. a specific car and class challenge, or a stock car challenge.

I noticed one of those you mention on spa, after the first hairpin, as you jink onto the uphill you can go flat out and run over the hatch markings to the exit left without recieving a dirty lap.

Yeah, lol, even with those our times are still something like 10 seconds + off the top times !!!

Madness I tell ya !!

I noticed one of those you mention on spa, after the first hairpin, as you jink onto the uphill you can go flat out and run over the hatch markings to the exit left without recieving a dirty lap.

Yes, i am pushing my favourite cars and my ability to the limit to get some of these times. Following higher placed rivals definitely helps as you can see the improved lines they take and that can make a huge difference but i cannot see how some of my mates can beat me by 5-10 seconds. Its got to come down to skill in lines and breaking points and the tune on the car.

Still it provides lots of opportunity to learn and improve and its quite a rush when it works and you creep over the line before them

Right, just attacked Laguna Seca with the GT86. Got a time of 1:39.744 after about 10 laps.

The car has 233bhp and weighs 1230kg. Not much done to it except fiddled with the gear ratio a little and changed the brake bias from 5:5 to 6:5 (F:R)

How does this compare with you guys?

Right, just attacked Laguna Seca with the GT86. Got a time of 1:39.744 after about 10 laps.

The car has 233bhp and weighs 1230kg. Not much done to it except fiddled with the gear ratio a little and changed the brake bias from 5:5 to 6:5 (F:R)

Buy an Xbox :p

Why? Playstation is clearly faster :lol:

I've got the season pass, seemed a no-brainer considering I know that I'm going to lap up every last bit of DLC for this :lol:

I very much doubt we'll ever see the Ring on F5. The sheer amount of work to get a normal track up to F5 standards with the new mapping system is immense, much less a place like the Ring. It would be nice mind, but I'd rather see Suzuka and Tsukuba back if I'm honest. The Ring doesn't really do a lot for me, either in game or in real life.

I find it hard to disagree with any of that.

I do think it would be a big money spinner for them though and surely by now they have enough raw data to build a next gen version of the Ring.

I've read a lot of stuff where Turn10 have defended Forza 5 on a number of things but I get the feeling, that where some if it is true, there's also a fair but of hiding behind the fact that next gen is a big step up in time and effort and that's just a smokescreen for releasing DLC.

You can bet your bottom dollar that any future tracks won't be included in the Premium Pass.

I've maybe only done about 10 laps of the Ring in real life and that's enough, I find it more of an experience than an enjoyment. Not saying I won't do a few more in the summer mind.

I find it hard to disagree with any of that.

I do think it would be a big money spinner for them though and surely by now they have enough raw data to build a next gen version of the Ring.

I've read a lot of stuff where Turn10 have defended Forza 5 on a number of things but I get the feeling, that where some if it is true, there's also a fair but of hiding behind the fact that next gen is a big step up in time and effort and that's just a smokescreen for releasing DLC.

You can bet your bottom dollar that any future tracks won't be included in the Premium Pass.

I've maybe only done about 10 laps of the Ring in real life and that's enough, I find it more of an experience than an enjoyment. Not saying I won't do a few more in the summer mind.

My 1:39.623 begs to differ

Right, I'll keep this first post edited for gamertags, but if we can keep quote each other when we add a new time, then that keeps that side of things cool. Chuck a post up with your GT (and time, if you've got one), once we have a list of tags then all we need to do is to keep the times up to date. :)

ALL TIMES ASSUMED CLEAN UNLESS YOU STATE OTHERWISE

GAMERTAGS

Ekona = Ekona (Dan)

Warpedstorm = Will370z (Will)

Draggster454 = StevoD

Kingmarz = Marzman

Sarnie = Sarnie (Liam)

SamMcGoo = Sam McGoo (Sam)

Pallett0 = Pallett

CURRENT CHALLENGE:

C500 max, any car

SPA:

Suits 2:46.301

Pallett 2:47.049

Will370z 2:47.898

Ekona 2:53.249

Sarnie 2:57.764

LAGUNA SECA:

Pallett 1:39.623

Will370z 1:40.600

Ekona 1:46.339

LM BUGATTI:

Will370z 1:58.053

Ekona 2:03.579

ROAD ATLANTA

Pallett 1:35.719

Will370z 1:37.120

Ekona 1:41.179

Haha PM me your car, power and weight and I'll copy and give it a go. I'm not looking to join in on this and best you all, I'm just trying to get a comparison on the 2 games. :)

I have heard multiple rumours - one that a track pack is coming either this or next month. It seems to differ in either being the ring or a touring car pack including a number of the british touring car tracks.

Now whether this is pure speculation, a pipe dream or reality is a different matter

Right, I'll keep this first post edited for gamertags, but if we can keep quote each other when we add a new time, then that keeps that side of things cool. Chuck a post up with your GT (and time, if you've got one), once we have a list of tags then all we need to do is to keep the times up to date. :)

GAMERTAGS

Ekona = Ekona (Dan)

Draggster454 = StevoD

Kingmarz = Marzman

Sarnie = Sarnie (Liam)

Pallett0 = Pallett

CURRENT CHALLENGE:

C500 max, any car

SPA:

Pallett 2:45.561

LAGUNA SECA:

LM BUGATTI:

ROAD ATLANTA

Haha PM me your car, power and weight and I'll copy and give it a go. I'm not looking to join in on this and best you all, I'm just trying to get a comparison on the 2 games. :)

That lap was using a mazda mx5 miata, 201hp 163lb/ft 2,006lbs.

Cheers I'll give it a dig tomorrow if I can get time :thumbs:

Touring Car track pack would be amazing, but I seriously doubt the appeal to anyone other than UK-based drivers. Don't forget, Forza is an American franchise first and foremost.

I think the lack of cars and tracks is pretty poor, tbh. I forgave them at first because I still adore the physics, but when you play SP and get the bonus races it's incredibly tedious. Shame. :(

GAMERTAGS

Ekona = Ekona (Dan)

Draggster454 = StevoD

Kingmarz = Marzman

Sarnie = Sarnie (Liam)

Pallett0 = Pallett

CURRENT CHALLENGE:

C500 max, any car

SPA:

Pallett 2:45.561

LAGUNA SECA:

LM BUGATTI:

Pallett 1:57.428

ROAD ATLANTA

Right I gave it a go with this car and settings.

201 naturally aspirated horses, 30kgfm of torque which I think is about 167 lb/ft and I had a weight of 910kg (2007 lb?)

I got a time of 1:35.416 with more to come if I kept grinding at it. So it appears that I'm either the reincarnation of Senna or for whatever reason GT is faster. :lol: Whether it be stickier tracks or a different algorithmic for power/weight I don't know.

I wonder if it has anything to do with my setup?

3A992E5E-0AC0-4321-8A6A-033D1ED146D5.jpg

Right I gave it a go with this car and settings.

201 naturally aspirated horses, 30kgfm of torque which I think is about 167 lb/ft and I had a weight of 910kg (2007 lb?)

I got a time of 1:35.416 with more to come if I kept grinding at it. So it appears that I'm either the reincarnation of Senna or for whatever reason GT is faster. :lol: Whether it be stickier tracks or a different algorithmic for power/weight I don't know.

I wonder if it has anything to do with my setup?

3A992E5E-0AC0-4321-8A6A-033D1ED146D5.jpg

Na, just a different game mate :) .

So my mates who I play with have been posting these times at Spa, not sure I can get too much more out of it to be heonest.

I can make up time, I know I can I set quikcer splits but doing it all in one lap, together, is getting harder and harder.

Anyway, my mates are 'teh har' & 'LonelyHashiriya'.

Getting quick now.

793C7299-E488-47B4-856E-8BEA13776467.jpg