New soft top roof at last...

pcw1982

Some of you may recall I've been on about getting a new roof for ages as mine was looking very tired and had a few rips. Finally got round to getting it replaced and on a lovely sunny morning I now have a nice new roof!

I used https://carhoodsdirect.co.uk/ as they are relatively local to me and I must say they were excellent, if anyone is looking to do the same I would definately recommend them and were a lot cheaper than some others.

post-10765-0-68027300-1389629379_thumb.jpg

Nice job, did you get any better / closer pics? Is the roof the same material as the original or is it mohair? I got the roof replaced on my girlfriends roadster a few weeks ago, I used Carhood warehouse in Chessington , as it's local to us. I'd highly recommend their work too. Good to hear there are two decent companies for people to choose from!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did take a few pics but as it was so sunny they didn't come out too well, will try to get some more at the weekend. I couldn't see how to embed them in the message hence the thumbnail as well, not great with computers.

Its a mohair roof, no idea if thats good or bad but it certainly looks good at the moment :teeth:

It seems to be sealed ok but not had much of a chance to find out yet, definitely needs a bit of a stretch but I'm sure it will sort itself out in due course, guy who fitted it said that was normal.

He arrived at 10 and was going around 1 so 3 hours including chatting and dodging a couple of rain showers!

Yes they fold down no problems In the cold, they are better in every respect.

Yes I understand the same; it needs to stretch a bit and with the cold weather it's going to take a little longer. Ours is almost done now, about 2 weeks after fitting, the seal at the rear which sits on the bodywork wasn't quite sitting down fully but it's almost there now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk