EP3 type R premier edition....

nowhereboy

What are peoples opinions on this car/price please.....

It's a premier edition but the recaro seats have obviously been replaced with stock ones. Other than that it looks nice and clean, stock intake on the engine and no performance mods. It also has owners club stickers on the windows so I've posted on that forum too to try and find the old owner.

It's a little overpriced but it's also local so I'm going to go and have a chat today.

A little/lot over priced. Nice car though, a friends got one. Another mate is selling his mint condition fn2 for 8k. '57 with 40k on the clock. Just puts things in to perspective. Having said that, there are quite a few good reasons to get an ep3 over an fn2 depending on the intentions. Looks tidy though!

Edited by HARMLU

I think it's overpriced as well tbh especially without the Recaro seats.

I'd go for an earlier EP3 with FSH if I was you as I hate those hideous rear lexus style lights on the face lift models. I had an 03 Type R 30th Anniversary Edition which was a great car and gave me 3 years of faultless reliability even with over 100K on the clock. ;) If you can find a low mileage FSH one of those then that's what I'd buy if your after an EP3. :thumbs:

Cheers lads, I actually used to have a 30th anniversary one too GM. I was much younger then and admittedly ragged the tits off it everywhere, it had over 100k on to and never missed a beat.

359_29500593106_7767_n.jpg

@ mouthwash, yes its a dealer but the old owner should be on the forum or people should know the car hopefully.

@ Harmlu I agree it's overpriced, I could actually get an FN2 for this money now but I'd much rather a very clean late run version of the EP3.

The main thing that puts me off is the lack of recaro seats to be honest, I'd expect a decent bit off the price because of that.

I have the added bonus of still having the KW variant 3 coilovers sat in my garage along with some other bits and bobs from my old one.

Look's good nowhereboy.

Guess you know this already then but if you get an EP3 again first mod has to be a Gruppe M induction kit. B);)

Gruppe M overpriced and overrated! Add a k-pro, spoon b-pipe, DC sports down pipes and a panel filter - then a JRSC 😈, 300bhp and 1250kgs.

Edited by Davectr

Look's good nowhereboy.

Guess you know this already then but if you get an EP3 again first mod has to be a Gruppe M induction kit. B);)

Gruppe M overpriced and overrated! Add a k-pro, spoon b-pipe, DC sports down pipes and a panel filter - then a JRSC ������, 300bhp and 1250kgs.

How much do you think that little lot you've listed then will cost you?! (+supporting mods; like better brakes for instance) :dry::lol:

..And have you ever actually had a Gruppe M then? I have.

Didn't pay too much for mine either as I purchased it second hand from eBay for £300 odd. Then when I had finished using it 2-3 years later I sold it on an eBay auction & it went for nearly £150 more.

Overpriced when new you're correct for sure, as £500-600 odd for a CAI kit is a bit much but there are bargain's to be had from second hand ones if your savvy. Wouldn't say they where overrated imo as there is no better CAI kit for an EP3. B)

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

No I haven't, for the reasons I stated. I had all the mods I mentioned tho! And never needed a CAI to produce 300bhp. The gruppe M is a nice piece of kit, but isn't required and is expensive for what it actually does.

Agreed its not cheap to add all the mods I've mentioned, although most can be picked up 2nd hand nowadays, and all can be resold later (as I did). But all that power in a relatively light (by today's standards) gives a very quick car

No I haven't, for the reasons I stated. I had all the mods I mentioned tho! And never needed a CAI to produce 300bhp. The gruppe M is a nice piece of kit, but isn't required and is expensive for what it actually does.

Agreed its not cheap to add all the mods I've mentioned, although most can be picked up 2nd hand nowadays, and all can be resold later (as I did). But all that power in a relatively light (by today's standards) gives a very quick car

Never needed a CAI kit to produce 300bhp but you did need a supercharger ~ what's that cost £2-2500K? :dry:

Not trying to argue with you and that's a great mod's list for an EP3 for sure but not everybody wants to splurge that much cash and it's not always about how much bhp you can get.

My CTR was standard apart from a full stainless steel custom made exhaust system and the Gruppe M induction kit. It put a smile on my face every time I drove it though once I had the Gruppe M fitted as the sound it made during VTEC was incredible.

Performance wise I obviously didn't gain anything really especially without a remap (K100/KPro) but it made the car great fun for me to drive and only cost a total of £600 odd for the exhaust & induction kit. Peace. :):thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic

Never needed a CAI kit to produce 300bhp but you did need a supercharger ~ what's that cost £2-2500K? :dry:

Not trying to argue with you and that's a great mod's list for an EP3 for sure but not everybody wants to splurge that much cash and it's not always about how much bhp you can get.

My CTR was standard apart from a full stainless steel custom made exhaust system and the Gruppe M induction kit. It put a smile on my face every time I drove it though once I had the Gruppe M fitted as the sound it made during VTEC was incredible.

Performance wise I obviously didn't gain anything really especially without a remap (K100/KPro) but it made the car great fun for me to drive and only cost a total of £600 odd for the exhaust & induction kit. Peace. :):thumbs:

I was going to say 300bhp without doing anything major would have been seriously impressive.

• Like 1

I had a Gruppe M on my DC5 with a full Spoon cat back system, now that sounded insane.

Fair point, it would cost a lot more, but was worth it! Massive difference to standard ( I did also have handling & braking mods to cope with the power). Correct, it's not all about how much bhp you can get, but, the drivability of a charged EP3 was far better (and I actually had better fuel economy when mapped and set up) ðŸ‘

I also accept what you are saying about the induction and exhaust being enough for most people, especially for the sound. Personally I prefer not to have much induction noise, and like to keep my cars looking stock for that extra 'surprise' (kept original back box on the exhaust - good for 300bhp). Each to their own ;-)

It's odd how he removed the Recaro's. Other than the red and black Recaros, is there anything else that differs the Premier edition to a stock EP3?

Good cars though, coming from a member from the CivicLife forum. There is a few on sale there at the moment, should take a look bud!

It's odd how he removed the Recaro's. Other than the red and black Recaros, is there anything else that differs the Premier edition to a stock EP3?

Good cars though, coming from a member from the CivicLife forum. There is a few on sale there at the moment, should take a look bud!

Some people remove them just to make a fast buck unfortunately. I've seen the Alacantara Recaros go for £500 a seat second hand before. :scare:

Premier edition has Aircon as standard, red carpets, red door cards, Recaro Trendline seats (red & black as you mentioned), Momo leather steering wheel, blacked out rear windows, Type R embossed brake calipers and different colour rear seats (different from a standard EP3). Think that's it. ;)