Window tint removal

350 Russ

This has been a LONG time coming, I've owned my zed for a bit over 4 years now and the previous owner has tinted the rear window, Im presuming he has done it himself as its a p*** poor job, air bubbles and creases in the film.

Ive heard horror stories before that when you remove tint film from rear windscreens that it will break the wires in the heating element. Is this true? what is the best way to go about getting it off? hair dryer or just rip it off?

I had the same thing when I first bought an import Impreza.

I just used a hairdryer going back and forth at close range over the film whilst I peeled it away from the glass starting at one edge. Came off fairly easily that way.

If you pull the film at a steep angle from the glass I found this worked best and it came off in one large sheet rather than breaking & coming off in smaller bits which it did when I first removed it from a side window.

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

Wallpaper steamer easiest way to remove and leaves no residue

Took me about 30 seconds a front side window with a steamer

+1

The guy that fitted my window tints told me that if I ever wanted to take them off in the future, a steam wallpaper stripper is the way to do it.

• 5 weeks later...