Could all kick off again..!!

WhackyWill

And perhaps, just perhaps it is the case because unlike USA they're not in the line of fire as much and therefore cant react as well under the same pressure?

That's a good point. I don't know the situation in London and the other big cities but around here the armed response units are just ordinary policemen who probably only carry guns when needed. I'm pretty sure that we don't have policemen sitting around waiting for a call out.

Pete

Pretty sure its not bobby on the beat being given a days training in using a gun that they occasionally sling a pistol at and send out to face armed criminals ;) I am not an expert but a quick wikipedia search show that they undergo multiple interviews before entering training, undergo months of further training including the use of multiple firearms, forced entry techniques, grenade use, entry techniques into closed quarters vehicles, dealing with evacuation and hostage taking as well as terrorist threats and can even abseil!

It was odd though, to pick up the Metro paper this morning and see good old Mark Rowley on the cover being heckled by Duggans family outside the courts, I played footy with him for a few years up until about a year ago when his work spilled over into Saturday afternoons and he had to give it up...nice bloke actually and probably as objective a policeman as you could get.

Edited by coldel

I'm glad to see that Duggan's Aunt has now come out and publicly appealed for no further violence as a means of protest and that armed police are soon to wear body cameras.

I was just going to say why aren't armed police wearing cameras?

I agree its a terrible job to do, a real no win situation 99.9% of the time, and as said they just don't get that much experience I bet, not suggesting we arm everyone and become like America though....

Sent from the golf club...

Also before things get even more heated it may be worth Heff saying what he does for a living..... not that it should make a difference but I think it does

Sent from the golf club...

What get grief from his mrs about being a boy racer :p

And perhaps, just perhaps it is the case because unlike USA they're not in the line of fire as much and therefore cant react as well under the same pressure?

That's a good point. I don't know the situation in London and the other big cities but around here the armed response units are just ordinary policemen who probably only carry guns when needed. I'm pretty sure that we don't have policemen sitting around waiting for a call out.

Pete

Pretty sure its not bobby on the beat being given a days training in using a gun that they occasionally sling a pistol at and send out to face armed criminals ;) I am not an expert but a quick wikipedia search show that they undergo multiple interviews before entering training, undergo months of further training including the use of multiple firearms, forced entry techniques, grenade use, entry techniques into closed quarters vehicles, dealing with evacuation and hostage taking as well as terrorist threats and can even abseil!

It was odd though, to pick up the Metro paper this morning and see good old Mark Rowley on the cover being heckled by Duggans family outside the courts, I played footy with him for a few years up until about a year ago when his work spilled over into Saturday afternoons and he had to give it up...nice bloke actually and probably as objective a policeman as you could get.

Yes, they do, but like someone mention here earlier, training does not mean nothing, when it under presure and have to make a split second judgement call in the heat of the moment and think he has a gun, and is a known criminal, then survival instict starts kicking in, IMO

Edited by Aglii

Bring in the American System.... :clap:

Yes, thats both good and bad, USA for example make up 5% of the world population, but they have 25% of the prison population in there jails as of 2013. $60.3 billion in budget expenditures for each year, for prison releated issues, many of them for some bullshit charged like drug use, not sale, just private use, which is bullshit, becouse the drug problem should not be handled with putting users in jail, its supposed to be handled as a medical problem, and help them, this has proven to work in Portugal for example and other places.

Edited by Aglii

Yes, thats both good and bad, USA for example make up 5% of the world population, but they have 25% of the world population in there jails as of 2013.

Ye but they do have borders with Mexico..we have a big ocean..! :surrender:

• Like 1

Yes, thats both good and bad, USA for example make up 5% of the world population, but they have 25% of the world population in there jails as of 2013.

Ye but they do have borders with Mexico..we have a big ocean..! :surrender:

Hahah thats true, but i edited my earlier answer, and by stats 10-12% of the 25%, are inmates that ware jailed for private drug use, non violent criminals, which you can see in my erlier answer what i think about that. Jail does not help drug users at all.

But this is way off topic will stop now

467288_1.jpg

They have 25% of the world population in their jails? That's circa 1.25 billion people.

Yes, that comes from there own stats

1 in 99 americans adults in jail, and then there are all the other prisoners

Edited by Aglii

They have 25% of the world population in their jails? That's circa 1.25 billion people.

I get you, it'll be 25% of the world's prisoner population I suspect. :lol:

It's a scary stat though.

I get you, it'll be 25% of the world's prisoner population I suspect. :lol:

It's a scary stat though.

Yeah, thats what i meant, can see how you might misunderstand that now lol :lol:

Edited by Aglii