What league is the 350z in?

ddcboyle

I didn't find the SLS as mind-bendingly fast I thought it would be, oddly.

See, I don't really consider the 911TT to be a supercar anymore, but when you consider that the 991 is quicker than a 458 with better build quality and a price tag that near enough matches it, then I think it should stay there. I don't put the GT-R in that category for the simple reason it has a Nissan badge and the interior is not up to scratch. In terms of performance it blows everything else away, but it's just those two things that mean it doesn't quite make supercar status.

Each to their own, I know that's not going to be a popular viewpoint on a Nissan forum, but there you go. :)

• Like 1

I didn't find the SLS as mind-bendingly fast I thought it would be, oddly.

See, I don't really consider the 911TT to be a supercar anymore, but when you consider that the 991 is quicker than a 458 with better build quality and a price tag that near enough matches it, then I think it should stay there. I don't put the GT-R in that category for the simple reason it has a Nissan badge and the interior is not up to scratch. In terms of performance it blows everything else away, but it's just those two things that mean it doesn't quite make supercar status.

Each to their own, I know that's not going to be a popular viewpoint on a Nissan forum, but there you go. :)

Agree, GT-R is not quite a supercar....

Where does the Juke R fit in here? Now, with the thread i was trying to ignore the standard what fits in what box. a juke will never be in the official supercar calander... but, where does it fit in? Even though its that 4x4 sorta car... it does smash most cars.

No one has mentioned the S2000, which I have to say was the other option when I bought a Zed? Totally different drive of course but performance wise not much in it.

If they made the S2000 as a coupe I might have considered them when looking but unfortunately this is the best they could come up with....

honda-s2000-wallpaper-hardtop-image.jpg

Coupe-HT8.jpg

Got nothing on the Zed in the look's department. :lol::stir:

From a roadster point of view of course...clearly the S2000 isn't a coupe - but I think it looks a country mile better than a Zed roadster.

Really? Because of the engine, I assume?

In my opinion it's not just the engine. It's the weight, how it handles and of course the engine too. I took a ride in my mates s2000 recently, it's a much more raw driving experience than the Z. If my car was just for weekend/track use I'd have the s2000 over the Z anyday.

It's a lot more raw, yes the engine, but it's also far more dedicated as a sports car - I'd rather do a London to Monte Carlo trip in the zed than in the s2000. But on a track? There's not much in it at all. The s2000 is lighter more agile, stops quicker. The zed whilst a heavy lump still can keep it at bay, but there's little in it. Impressive considering what the s2000 is.

I put an s2000 in the same boat as an Elise and Mx5 and Mr2 sort of "package".

I'd choose the zed every time over those, but that's because that's what I'm interested in. But it's subjective to what you're after and how you see things I guess. I c an understand people putting them in the same category, but I personally don't see it that way. :)

The S2000 is never in the same boat as an Elise, MX5, not by some margin. For a start, it has a heater...

...seriously though, the S2000 sits very much in the Zed roadster, Z4 roadster category for me. They are higher power heavier sports cars, the Elise MX5 are small light roadsters low on power high on handling. My VX was often affectionately called a go cart, something an S2000 isn't.

The S2000 is never in the same boat as an Elise, MX5, not by some margin. For a start, it has a heater...

...seriously though, the S2000 sits very much in the Zed roadster, Z4 roadster category for me. They are higher power heavier sports cars, the Elise MX5 are small light roadsters low on power high on handling. My VX was often affectionately called a go cart, something an S2000 isn't.

Definitely agree.

If I had wanted a roadster than I'd have had an S2000 over a Zed roadster or Z4 roadster for sure although when I last looked at an S2000 the finish around the folding roof was very poor. Could have just been the one I looked at though.

I spent an age writing up something good which was deleted that explained my thinking completely. However It deleted itself!

Now I cba to re type my reasons so you get the end product.

The z33 is today's s13.

It's no 911 or even boxster, its legs ahead an mx5 and a completely different car to an s2000. it's a weird subgroup left over from before the days of hot hatches. An echo back to the days of sports coupes.

It was billed to revive the 240 linage to be a entry level sports car. It's not truly a zed as it's not a flagship or a skyline equal. It's more in keeping with the Silvia models. That's a sign of the times really.

The z33 sits in a weird subgroup with the rx8 of cars made to be a bit retro, to echo an earlier model and provide something that doesn't have a set place anymore.

Give it 10 years when the kids have killed so many 200s they become rare the z33 will be the weapon of choice. And it will see a surge in popularity followed by legendary status.

Being odd isnt bad.

• Like 1

Oi our MX-5 has a heater.....

It is about as effective as a mouse sucking an extra strong mint and blowing through a straw, but it IS a heater :p

Sent from the golf club...

I spent an age writing up something good which was deleted that explained my thinking completely. However It deleted itself!

Now I cba to re type my reasons so you get the end product.

The z33 is today's s13.

It's no 911 or even boxster, its legs ahead an mx5 and a completely different car to an s2000. it's a weird subgroup left over from before the days of hot hatches. An echo back to the days of sports coupes.

It was billed to revive the 240 linage to be a entry level sports car. It's not truly a zed as it's not a flagship or a skyline equal. It's more in keeping with the Silvia models. That's a sign of the times really.

The z33 sits in a weird subgroup with the rx8 of cars made to be a bit retro, to echo an earlier model and provide something that doesn't have a set place anymore.

Give it 10 years when the kids have killed so many 200s they become rare the z33 will be the weapon of choice. And it will see a surge in popularity followed by legendary status.

Being odd isnt bad.

Well said, I got a Zed because it was a bit left field and not like anything else really out there for the price. Certainly not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but a truly great car none the less :cloud9:

Sent from the golf club...

• Like 1