Door Locking

gumpy000

Hi all you 'Z' owners. What a fantastic Car. Always wanted one and so glad Iv got one. I bought mine a couple of months ago and love it, and so joined this forum and also love it :)

So my question is... when unlocking my Z one click of the key button unlocks the drivers door but then I have t click again to unlock the passenger door. is this standard? Can I change it to all doors on one click?

Silly question I know but its bugging me!

Many thanks. Much Love!

You can't change it on the earlier cars.

Mine is a DE and you can change the locking. Not sure about JDMs.

It took me a few goes with holding down the two buttons before it re-set the locking procedure. Hold for 10 secs then.

Some "stupid MOT tester failed the car "because he was unable to open the passengers door"... :surrender:

It took me a few goes with holding down the two buttons before it re-set the locking procedure. Hold for 10 secs then.

Some "stupid MOT tester failed the car "because he was unable to open the passengers door"... :surrender:

Doesn't work on mine Will, tried it loads of times and just won't work on early DE models. Mines a UK 53 plate.

Edited by ZEUS

Doesn't work on mine Will, tried it loads of times and just won't work on early DE models. Mines a UK 53 plate.

OK mine is an 06 DE, so maybe its just before that.

Gumpy is an 04 / 54 plate.

Wonder if anybody knows when they added this feature to the Zed, :blush:

It seems to depend entirely on what day your car came off the line, mine is a UK 55 plate and it doesn't work on mine but it did on someone else with a similar age car, although I don't recall if theirs was an import or not.

I'm glad I could change mine to single push opening as its a pain when somebody wants to get

in the passengers side and its still locked... :scare: