Increased value means cheaper premium?

HEADPHONES

Insurance is due on the 17th Jan.

Adrian flux were asking for £491 so tried the comparison sites.

Admiral came in at £360 but then I checked pistonheads to get an idea of the value of my zed.

Increased the value from £8500 to £10000.

Pressed recalculate and the price went DOWN £60 instead of up!

Could it be that they think owners of sub £10k cars are more reckless?

I'm with Admiral this year, cheapest by a mile, bet they increase the renewal, so then back on

Go Compare, not been with the same insurance company for two years running. When it comes

to renewal they try to rip you off, same with out house insurance. :thumbs:

To be fair to Admiral, I've been with them 3 years now and they continue to be the cheapest with their renewal offers. Always decent customer service too as I change second cars quite a lot.

I'm with Admiral this year, cheapest by a mile, bet they increase the renewal, so then back on

Go Compare, not been with the same insurance company for two years running. When it comes

to renewal they try to rip you off, same with out house insurance. :thumbs:

To be fair to Admiral, I've been with them 3 years now and they continue to be the cheapest with their renewal offers. Always decent customer service too as I change second cars quite a lot.

Yes they have been OK with my sons Golf he's been with the for a few years.

I always find that who ever I'm with they try and increase the premiums on the Zed come renewal time. :surrender:

Admiral came in at £360 but then I checked pistonheads to get an idea of the value of my zed.

I questioned this once with one of the phone minions (I forget which company specifically) but the excuse reason was that the more expensive the car the more care you'll take when driving it, specifically when parking - Phone Minion explained that statistically they see claims for dent/scrape repairs go up as the value of the car goes down.

I took that to mean that if you have a £400 shed, you don't so much park it as just abandon it near the parking space, atop the nearby bollard...

• Like 1

I got a cracking deal on my zed with admiral. Seeing as I'm 25 with 0 years NCB I only paid £630! I was expecting within the region of £1000-1200

Mine is due for renewal...I wish I could pay what you pay..Cheapest for me is £860 with admiral...Ill see if Club insurers can offer better price..

33yo.1 ncb...I think London postcodes always ****ing rip off..Last year I paid £1240..

I got a cracking deal on my zed with admiral. Seeing as I'm 25 with 0 years NCB I only paid £630! I was expecting within the region of £1000-1200

Mine is due for renewal...I wish I could pay what you pay..Cheapest for me is £860 with admiral...Ill see if Club insurers can offer better price..

33yo.1 ncb...I think London postcodes always ****ing rip off..Last year I paid £1240..

I think mine came down because I also have my polo under my name and also I have a company car which means I'm even less likely to use this car other than the occasional blast. I'm also London postcode as well. If you have another car in your household then see if they'll give you multicar discount

I questioned this once with one of the phone minions (I forget which company specifically) but the excuse reason was that the more expensive the car the more care you'll take when driving it, specifically when parking - Phone Minion explained that statistically they see claims for dent/scrape repairs go up as the value of the car goes down.

I took that to mean that if you have a £400 shed, you don't so much park it as just abandon it near the parking space, atop the nearby bollard...

It true though, look at how many will buy a "shed" assume because its fwd it will be great on snow with its 4 bald tyres lol. Only because its cheap will they treat it like that. Plus if they go into the back of someone their insurance has to fork out for the guy infront too.

I have just had to move my insurance away from Admiral, they increased my premium by roughly £500 since last year, with no claims....

I am now with Churchill who are insuring my 59 plate 350Z for £490, I am 33 with max no claims so was amazed at Admirals price hike.